Ivermectin Dosing Information

Shan30

Songster
8 Years
Sep 17, 2012
Vancouver island
8E77711A-D79A-47BA-BCE6-E4F3F74F99E3.png
Found this available at a nearby farm supply. As it would be for off label use they cannot legally give any dosing information.
Has anyone used this particular product and if so, do you know the correct dosing?

According to someone here on the forums who is very knowledgeable the dose is 0.045 ml per pound. Under the wing. Not orally.

Last edited:
I used to use Ivermectin pour on. It's supposed to be put on bare skin on the back of the neck where the chicken's mouth or eyes cannot come in contact with the product unlike under a wing. @afrowoman You are correct in that it isnt given orally, the product contains alcohol among other things.

All this said, I dont recommend using ANY ivermectin products due to worm and external parasite resistance to Ivermectin products, not to mention a long withdrawal period.

If you're going to worm birds, use a benzimidazole such as Safeguard or Valbazen. If you're going after external parasites, use Permethrin liquid or powder.

Crazy how mixed the information is out there!

My birds have scaly leg mites and I suspect at least round worm. From everyone I know on the coast with birds, it’s been a bad year. Maybe the mild, wet winter? I think our high raven population spreads things around as well.

Used piperazine in the fall. I think in 8 years I’ve wormed 2-3 times so this isn’t a regularly occurring thing for us.

The closest vet that treats poultry that I was referred to prescribes and doses ivermectin. Our small animal vet also prescribes it for pet types of birds so it seemed like a pretty safe bet to me 🤷‍♀️.

Back
Top Bottom