Ivermectin topical dose for 5 mg per ml

You've probably read about people using "drops". Forget that you have ever read about drops and give it based on weight as outlined in my post above.

Ok, great! Thanks for that. The local store has that pour-on. Do pharmacies sell the measurer?

Ok, great! Thanks for that. The local store has that pour-on. Do pharmacies sell the measurer?
Unless you're in one of those states that don't sell syringes over the counter, your feed store should have a syringe.

You will need a one ml syringe.

What are you trying to treat with the ivermectin?

This is my personal experience, but I figured I'd share it. When I did the math, I got that it was about 1 drop per pound of bird. It actually covered a tiny bit more than a pound with a drop. I know, it's crazy, but I went out & stood on the human scale with several of my chickens & got a good feel for what they felt like pound wise, lol! And then I dosed each bird by feeling them and dosing accordingly. It worked for me for chicken mites & for the worms they had. The birds I have are easter eggers, welsummers, olive eggers, silkies, polish, cochins, houdans and d'uccles. I did only 1 drop for my tiny d'uccles, and I did 4 drops on my easter egger rooster (my biggest boy), who is 4.5 lbs. I dosed them all twice, 10 days apart. I hope this helps anybody! 🙏

I took her to the vet (too expensive) and he said she may have lice or mites that did not show up on a skin scraping but her flight feathers are totally a mess - no down, nothing on the brackets. Just bare twigs where her feathers should be. She also comes out of the coop every so often with blood at the base of one of those feathers. He treated her with injectable ivermectin and suggested I come back in 7 - 10 days for the second dose. Wants me to call in 7 days to tell him if she's better, which doesn't really make sense to me because it would take longer than that to grow those feathers out. She also preens a lot, so I didn't know if it was invisible parasites or nervousness. I don't think the later because the drake looks perfect as did her (otherwise very healthy) sister who died a couple weeks ago of something to do with balance. They are free range during the day and in the secure well kept coop at night. I also deworm them once a week with a hot pepper herbal in their food.

Back
Top Bottom