Jan./Feb. 2014 hatch a long

I heard chirping!
yesss.gif

Still no sign of movement or anything - the eggs just look like eggs. But they are chirping eggs!
Love a chirping egg.... WOOO HOOOOO

To those that asked about the Wheaton Am's I ordered...Arrived today..very nice, consistant color..good packing, 2 extra's.
Going to try pictured and hope the color is true.............
oh that's great! were any detached air cells? will be watching for photos :)
I tried hatching blue/wh AM's before, the egg color was just... truly amazing to see in person. some were lighter/whiter (older hens) so it made the other eggs look blue-blue, like a robin's egg. so gorgeous! pair that with my marans and welsummer eggs... the prettiest dozen..

I have English,,,,,BBS........eggs in a few weeks
I am soo tempted to try and get some eggs from you at some point..... your English and your BLRW :) eventually...
right now I have 2 more egg shipments coming LOLOL I need help

Well I bought the sun Flower Seeds without the shell. And didn't find the butter milk so I bought soy milk. Hope that works.

Will try fermenting today. When do I feed it to them. How do I know that it's good to feed?

Soy? I just read from a gal on BYC..no soy for chickens. :/ Just throw out the seeds..they will eat it. I've only done fodder..I haven't tried fermenting. I don't have the place for that.

With the cold I have been growing sprouts. Easy and cheap, and the chickens love having something green. Paid $11.89 for a 50lb bag of winter wheat, should last the whole winter for us.

Here's the link if anyone is interested.

http://hensandhoney.wordpress.com/2...rowing-sprouts-for-your-chickens-or-yourself/
Today I learned how to make fermented feed and I made it. Looks like tomorrow I'm washing some old mason jars and doing some sprouting.
Thanks much for "sprouting" my interest. haha

Omg... Day 15 and 7 (two staggered hatches), and the breaker had tripped at some point after 5pm-ish and the whole room where the incubator is was dark!! I discovered it at 9:30pm - I about had a heart attack! All I know is sometime within the span of 5 hours the room went dark. The incubator was between 70-80, and the eggs felt warm to the touch. I hope the babies are ok!! I guess I will find out at the first batch's lockdown this Tuesday... *sigh* ... Sadness. I hope they are ok. I will post an update at lockdown.

Back
Top Bottom