Jan./Feb. 2014 hatch a long

I heard chirping! :yesss:

Still no sign of movement or anything - the eggs just look like eggs. But they are chirping eggs!

Haaaa. I can't wait. 2 more weeks for me

Soy? I just read from a gal on BYC..no soy for chickens.   :/    Just throw out the seeds..they will eat it.  I've only done fodder..I haven't tried fermenting.  I don't have the place for that.  

Fodder?
Lol I guess you're going to show me that one too.

And yea I read a little and it said no soy milk. Lol

Haaaa. I can't wait. 2 more weeks for me
Fodder?
Lol I guess you're going to show me that one too.

And yea I read a little and it said no soy milk. Lol

This is how I do it..I use something that I can poke holes in the bottom. There is
LL
a great thread..just type in fodder thread. :D This is the first photo on there. I love this! I mean, I literally love this! It tastes like sweet peas in a pod when you use wheat. :)

Soy is used in a lot of poultry feed. You can buy soy free but it's more expensive.

Had to go back and see what she wrote..here it is...guess this is different!

Also, I know uncooked soybeans are extremely bad for chickens, & I don't know what other legumes are safe or unsafe in an uncooked state.

Had to go back and see what she wrote..here it is...guess this is different!

Also, I know uncooked soybeans are extremely bad for chickens, & I don't know what other legumes are safe or unsafe in an uncooked state.
I tried sprouting for awhile. My chickens weren't too interested, very spoiled. I have found out that if you sprout beans, you have to cook them first. Lentils, grasses and smaller seeds are easier. I don't want to have to cook them first.

This is how I do it..I use something that I can poke holes in the bottom. There is
LL
a great thread..just type in fodder thread. :D This is the first photo on there. I love this! I mean, I literally love this! It tastes like sweet peas in a pod when you use wheat. :)

that is awesome..
where is everyone buying their fodder and what are you using? is everyone using wheat? where can you buy non heat treated wheat?? I must do this asap!!

Back
Top Bottom