Jan./Feb. 2014 hatch a long

I tried to read it but I am a little naive don't get things that easy. They said in a cat litter put some seed. The thing is what seed and where do I get it.
I'm trying to do a home incubator for months now, I end up buying a new one. Lol I guess it's the age

Ok dolfi..and anyone that hasn't discovered this lady yet. I love her site! She puts up a lot of info too.
http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/08/chicken-treats-guide-dont-love-your.html

This one is on treats. What is good for the chicken and what isn't. Not sure she talks about fodder of fermented food, but the fresh foods.

I have 5 baby EE's, and am done. Little chipmunks. Will get photos later. One is a real pretty silver chipmunk. Have heard that the silver toned ones are usually male, hoping this isn't the case! I would love for this one to be a girl. One is black, with orange in it's neck and back, very little though.

Thanks, @SilkieSensation. I hope you're right! Lockdown is in 3 days.

@dfreas, yay!!! Good luck with your hatch!!!

These 2 hatched this morning, 4 days late after lising power at least 4 times & getting down to about 55F at least 1 of those times.

Last edited:
1st pip a few minutes ago, right on time 21 days, but malpositioned down toward the small end.
frow.gif
Cool, don't forget to post some pics of any developments!

So that makes two of us hatching today - I think there are at least one or two more people that were on the same schedule as me. Anyone else on day 21?

1st pip a few minutes ago, right on time 21 days, but malpositioned down toward the small end.

Oh Oh, but..I've had them hatch at the wrong end. Give it some time. Try and watch to see if you can still see the egg shell move right where it's pipped, or even it's beak. As long as it's right there, and starts to zip along there..it's good. If movement stops there, and no more peeping, you need to go help the little thing. Give it a while. It's probably resting after pipping. If you don't see any movement, or hear any peeping in a few hrs.. then it's time to help, it's has probably started to turn. Could suffocate now that's it's been breathing on it's own if it turns around to the middle of the egg.

We are up to 9 external pips!

One of them actually pipped while I was watching! I was shining my little flashlight on each egg to look for pips when pOp! One more got added to the list.
Check it out! How fun. Have a great day watching the miracles happen. :)

Chickadee how Much longer do you think. Because in the fall out on the pasture mammy would follow Reggie and bound into into the air and kick out her legs. It was the cutest thing so yeah I think she was probably in heat. But she's calmed down which I read means she is pregnant.

Back
Top Bottom