Janoel Incubation Experience

We need an ECA meeting... Egg Candlers Anonymous lol! I have it bad! And I have to say that the one of mine that I know I candled the most, because it was in the easiest space to get to, is my first pip! Granted, its probably coincidence, or just luck, but I'll take it lol

I ordered the Spot Check from Brinsea's website and they shipped it right away so it should be in my mailbox any day now. Was a little disappointed that they had $10 minimum shipping charge on a $19.99 item! But I ordered anyway.

goodpost.gif

My name is April, and I'm a candleholic.

Great! Everyone give an update on the spot check after their next hatch. I will buy one more thermometer before my next hatch. That would be the same price as ordering on Amazon BTW. 24.99 + $5 shipping....

We need an ECA meeting... Egg Candlers Anonymous lol! I have it bad! And I have to say that the one of mine that I know I candled the most, because it was in the easiest space to get to, is my first pip! Granted, its probably coincidence, or just luck, but I'll take it lol

I ordered the Spot Check from Brinsea's website and they shipped it right away so it should be in my mailbox any day now. Was a little disappointed that they had $10 minimum shipping charge on a $19.99 item! But I ordered anyway.
I get withdrawals if I don't get to candle.
barnie.gif

Gratz on the pip!
ya.gif
hope all goes well!

I just finished candling, 23 moving and 1 quitter
sad.png

My name is April, and I'm a candleholic.

Too Funny!
lau.gif

Lol! 23/1 is great!

More update on mine... I now have 2 duck pips and my turkey has pipped! I honestly wasn't giving the turkey much of a chance after the power outage but I'm pleased to report he has at least pipped! And it appears to be a good strong hit.

My first little guy made it out~!
wee.gif

This one pipped second, but came out first. The first pipper is still working on it.
How adorable is this? LOL

I have been showing everyone these pics! This makes me want to get some duck eggs! (My wife said NO!
hit.gif
)

oh well, guess I will stick to breeding chickens. Managed to get my humidity to hold around 60%-68% with a few wet paper towels. Now I play the waiting game...
what's killing me the most is that fact that i'm leaving town in 2 weeks. I will be gone for 2 weeks. So that means NO CANDLING FOR OVER A MONTH!!! I don't know what i'm going to do!

Maybe i'll go find some pigeon nests in the old shacks and candle those eggs to get my fix until then.

I have been showing everyone these pics! This makes me want to get some duck eggs! (My wife said NO!
hit.gif
)

oh well, guess I will stick to breeding chickens. Managed to get my humidity to hold around 60%-68% with a few wet paper towels. Now I play the waiting game...
what's killing me the most is that fact that i'm leaving town in 2 weeks. I will be gone for 2 weeks. So that means NO CANDLING FOR OVER A MONTH!!! I don't know what i'm going to do!

Maybe i'll go find some pigeon nests in the old shacks and candle those eggs to get my fix until then.

Haha thanks man. I love the chickens, but I'm still partial to the ducks.

I don't understand a month without candling if you are only going to be gone for 2 weeks? Maybe wherever you are going, you can take you flashlight into convenience stores and candle the eggs in the cartons lol!!

So here's the one that pipped first, came out second.

And shortly after that, the turkey hatched!

Would you look at the feet on that dude!! Sasquatch!!! lol

Back
Top Bottom