Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No, this would not work for me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It doesn't matter to me.

• I don't normally participate anyways.

• Total voters
I have the worst luck with shipped chicken eggs. My first order from Ebay was 40 eggs and 2 hatched. Second was the NYD swap eggs, 6 and none hatched. Now I've got 18 due to hatch on 01/21 from an auction here on BYC and I'm already down to 9 that look like they have a chance of hatching. I've bought tons of button quail eggs over the net and had a great hatch rate with those. Don't know why I'm having trouble hatching shipped chicken eggs.

Some day....Some ingenious BYCer will invent the perfect "reusable egg shipping container". It will have some type of outer liquid cushioning that will also hold the inner temp at a steady level. What do you think?

I am sending to John Farmer, karimw, and Dixiebeast... as to what eggs each will be getting.. there will be a note in the box.. plus one mystery egg just to keep things fun.. I am mailing on the 21st.

Shelly

I can tell you that the foam things with egg holes punched out gave me a 2 out of 6 eggs hatch rate. Thumbs down.

You know I hear a lot about the worries of rough handling and extreme temps when discussing the viability of shipped hatching eggs. My sister scrambles her eggs inside the shells just by shaking them in her hand, I worry about the constant vibrations the eggs must be put through while in shipment from engines, road surfaces, and just plain jiggling and jaggling of conveyor belts or dory carts. I wish we could pak them in Jello but then that would cause more problems with sanitation.
sickbyc.gif

Cool! I am shipping to you too! Since I only raise one pure breed at the moment, I guess you can figure out what you'll be getting. I can throw in some mystery eggs too if you like
big_smile.png
They would be a mystery for me as well.

I am sending to John Farmer, karimw, and Dixiebeast... as to what eggs each will be getting.. there will be a note in the box.. plus one mystery egg just to keep things fun.. I am mailing on the 21st.

Shelly

Cool! I am shipping to you too! Since I only raise one pure breed at the moment, I guess you can figure out what you'll be getting. I can throw in some mystery eggs too if you like
big_smile.png
They would be a mystery for me as well.

lol.. actually I can't figure it out from your signature.. you sound like you are like me.. a little of this and a little of that..I have 8+ different breeds in my mixed laying flock.. 4 breeds separated for pure eggs.. just added some lavendar and blue silkies..
love.gif

I'm sending to chickgrowerdan and Bikerchic and I'm sending them out on Saturday. Bikerchic wants pure and, other than mixed color silkies, my pures are blue splash wyandotte bantams....and they're laying again....thank God. I was getting worried because I'd moved them to a new pen and the eggs stopped. Ya'll will get some mystery eggs too.

Back
Top Bottom