Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No, this would not work for me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It doesn't matter to me.

• I don't normally participate anyways.

• Total voters
SCG and peeperkeeper you eggs are on the way! Peeperkeeper I have tried several times to pm you not sure if you are getting them or if you check it on here. Finally just sent them...Sorry!
hmm.png
Hope you are ok with extras and I packed them extra careful so that you don't have ANOTHER tragedy....
fl.gif
(knock on wood) Hope you both get your packages safely!~ Cyndy

I think I know the problem of not reaching m by PM.. Gotta watch those P's and K's....They are large case.
wink.png

That frizzle is the only one I've gotten out of around 100 babies I hatched last year. It has to come from one of the Wannabes. I talked to the guy I bought them from and he has frizzles. Oh and as pbjmaker said, Ostrich is probably a frizzle...so that would make it 2 frizzles out of about 100 hatched.

I really wanted true showgirls and couldn't find any locally, the wannabes are as close as I could get and I fell in love w/them. They've made a few real showgirls, but these two are so unique.

I'd love to see pics of your frizzle silkies. I, too, believe Ostrich is a girl. Very little comb and it's at least 2 weeks older than The Twins and they've both got huge combs going on already. Interesting about the skin color, I hadn't considered that, but it appears you're right.

I'm getting quite a lot of eggs from my silkies and wyandottes and it's hard for me to NOT set them, so if anyone else wants eggs, PM me and we can work something out.....I don't need to set 18 eggs every week....at least that's what I keep telling myself.
he.gif
but I don't listen and do it anyway.
jumpy.gif

sent ya a pm :)

Karen, you and I need to TALK! These are adorable! BTW, I'm your swap partner and your eggs will be going out tomorrow! But after the swap, we'll be chatting. both about your Splash BLRW's and about these adorable NN's!!

Laurie

I'm glad that you're not picky because I thought you were wanting pure bred eggs. My only pures are black splash blue wyandotte bantams.... 4 hens and 1 roo and one of them gets out at least twice a week and mixes with my NN showgirl wannabes and I've been getting some really wierd-but-cute NN and non-NN babies out of their eggs.

I call these two The Twins. They're with a group of 30 that hatched out together, but these two seem to know they're real brothers. I believe both are roos. They're a result of my wyandotte hen and one of my 2 NN showgirl wannabes.

This is a non-NN offspring of my wayward wyandotte x NN showgirl wannabes.

This frizzle was quite a surprise. I had no idea that gene was floating around in my flock. I don't have any adult frizzles. It's cool because it's top hat is black. It's from one of my showgirl wannabes x silkie. She hangs out with The Twins a lot.

The Ostrich, as named by someone from the NYD hatch thread.

I have silkies too....mostly all black, but a few buff and white ones sometimes.

For reference, here's my NN showgirl wannabes.

Black splash blue wyandotte adults.

One thing for sure...ya'll will get bantams. I don't have a LF rooster and I won't send any LF eggs because, so far, none have been fertile.....and it's not for trying because my little roos go at the big girls.

Karen, you and I need to TALK! These are adorable! BTW, I'm your swap partner and your eggs will be going out tomorrow! But after the swap, we'll be chatting. both about your Splash BLRW's and about these adorable NN's!!

Laurie

Okay. I've got more NN babies that I don't have decent pics of. I've kept every single NN baby I've hatched. Sometimes I think they're more addicting than silkies.

Back
Top Bottom