Japanese Bantam Thread!

How has candling been going?? How many are good so far? I am thinking of incubating my first batch of eggs that really have a shot @ being fertile no JB eggs yet tho
barnie.gif
I cannnnnnnnnoooootttt wait for them to start so I can hatch some out
WOW that is one beautiful bird -- I hope someone is able to answer this because trying to go for a look like that is worth it!!
Candling is right now 9 out of 9 eggs good I have another week before they are due.

My first japanese chick is almost hatched. But it looks like it has 5 toes on it's feet? How would that happen? I really wanted some of these too, they are bar tailed japs. At least my mottled are starting to lay, so I have my first eggs going in the incubator too.

My first japanese chick is almost hatched. But it looks like it has 5 toes on it's feet? How would that happen? I really wanted some of these too, they are bar tailed japs. At least my mottled are starting to lay, so I have my first eggs going in the incubator too.
Oh so exciting! I cant wait to hatch some of my own baby Japanese Bantams. My Jap pullet is 21 weeks so hopefully not to long.

Post some pics of the baby when you can.

I have 3 out of 6 Jap banties hatching today, er tomorrow as well. 2 have hatched without any problems and the other one is taking it's sweet time, it's already externally pipped. I guess I'm breeding correctly if not all hatched?

they can get the 5 toe gene from the right genes coming together so im guessing that the parents have the genes from what im guessing was an out cross some generations back
is there any one on here with show quality self blue, grey, or brown red japanese can you post pics

Last edited:
they can get the 5 toe gene from the right genes coming together so im guessing that the parents have the genes from what im guessing was an out cross some generations back
is there any one on here with show quality self blue, grey, or brown red japanese can you post pics
Thanks.
I think I will just stick with my mottles for now, and hope there is nothing weird lurking in their background to pop up.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom