Japanese Bantam Thread!

I am wheelchair bound so the antics of my 3 japanese 1 cochin and 2 halfbreeds are a big part of my amusement. I will leave the breeding with a purpose to those that know how. Just nice to know chicken lovers like me are welcome here too.
wee.gif
By the way my vet stops small bleeding cuts on bird legs and feet with super glue.

New Chicks!!!!

I had a lovely surprise when one of my broody Japanese Bantams hatched out 7 out of her 8 eggs. Usually she can only manage about 3 or 4! Think she is getting the hang of it now.

I was surprised to get such a range of colours in the chicks - I have no idea how I got a black one as I don't have any black birds!

New Chicks!!!!

I had a lovely surprise when one of my broody Japanese Bantams hatched out 7 out of her 8 eggs. Usually she can only manage about 3 or 4! Think she is getting the hang of it now.

I was surprised to get such a range of colours in the chicks - I have no idea how I got a black one as I don't have any black birds!

Beautiful chicks, It looks like she or the roo has some black in its genes somewhere. Cute!!!!

I am wheelchair bound so the antics of my 3 japanese 1 cochin and 2 halfbreeds are a big part of my amusement. I will leave the breeding with a purpose to those that know how. Just nice to know chicken lovers like me are welcome here too.
wee.gif
By the way my vet stops small bleeding cuts on bird legs and feet with super glue.
The super glue thing is great for cuts on us too. Yes all of us crazy chicken ladies/men are always welcome.

New Chicks!!!!

Sooo cute.
love.gif
You're giving me chick fever! lol I can't wait until spring to start hatching. I have Silkies and Cochin bantams. haven't been able to get any Japanese Bantams yet, but hopefully some day!

New Chicks!!!!

I had black chicks hat once and didn't have any black bird but to our surprise the black faded fast and turned to white with very little black splashes on the feathers.

Hi, I'm new to the site. I have a pair of silver birchen japs, and hope to breed with them later on this year. I'm a bit worried about the whole leg thing. The both of them have short legs, does that mean that 25% of the chicks would die in the shell?
Picture of the roo. He's a real pet:

I'm also in love with the millefleur colour. I have a millefleur Pekin who's a sweetie. Are there any Japs in this colour?

Back
Top Bottom