Japanese Bantam Thread!

I got a mottled out of a Japanese black??????
[/IMG]

this is my only Japanese black and I like the blacks better than the mottleds and I have no cue how I got mottleds and a white one:( ???

Well since I'm an Jap enthusiast I might as well subscribe. My first question is a dumb one though: Do Japs mate with regular hens or will they stay biologically separate even if cooped together?

Last edited:

Well since I'm an Jap enthusiast I might as well subscribe. My first question is a dumb one though: Do Japs mate with regular hens or will they stay biologically separate even if cooped together?

if they are I suppose tall enough to mate with a larger hen they will... but i kept my japs separated from the others - we were breeding pure varieties together.

this is my only Japanese black and I like the blacks better than the mottleds and I have no cue how I got mottleds and a white one:( ???

I would have to speculate that someone bred the two colors together at some point to better either the gene pool or improve some sort of trait. or... possibly one of the parents hopped the fence?

we were trying to breed our btb hen and somehow she would find her way into the next pen either at feeding time etc (my ex was never good at paying attention he would feed and water then shut doors... then next day i would find her in with the mottleds. so maybe a possibility . that was before they started laying they were young cockrels and hens then.

Back
Top Bottom