Japanese Bantam Thread!

Are there any distinguishing characteristics of Japanese bantam chicks? I attached a picture of a chick my daughter picked out today from the "assorted bantam" bin at Atwoods. It was by far one of the smallest chicks. It has shorter legs compared to the silkies we also bought. It is very light yellow with some dark specks in its wings. Thought it would be fun to see what you all thought!

Are there any distinguishing characteristics of Japanese bantam chicks? I attached a picture of a chick my daughter picked out today from the "assorted bantam" bin at Atwoods. It was by far one of the smallest chicks. It has shorter legs compared to the silkies we also bought. It is very light yellow with some dark specks in its wings. Thought it would be fun to see what you all thought!
Well having the yellow leg color is a good sign but at this age can't really tell the breed.

Very long legged to be a Jap. Body doesn't look right either.

this is what they should look like!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom