Japanese Bantam Thread!

My lil Jap White Blacktail has been setting for 25 days. Candling the eggs, everything looked good, sort of. Instead of 66% of the eggs blackened, it was like 50%. So, today, I opened one of the 4 eggs, and discovered a complete chick that was dead. I'll give the others one more night, then take her off the nest, and remove all the eggs. I believe the culprit is the lethal Mutant CP Gene that kills 25% of the chicks prior to hatching. I've got two more pullets sitting. One with 2 eggs, and one with the last 5 eggs they laid before going broody.

awe! im so sorry!

got pics of Cadbury!

had to put the little man in time out the other day.....broke a sickle clean off at the base. don't know how, but he sure learned not to do it again! hahaha guess no fair for him! his girls will go, but he will stay. his loss.
wink.png

he did a nice busy job for my new years hatch. he is now a daddy to these beautiful roosters! both are inheriting his huge tail and are growing sickles if you can see them!
Jappie (silkie jap cross)
black tailed sexlink (cross Americana X Japanese)

ANDDDDD>>>>>>>>>
from the new years hatch I finally got 2 hens for the bury! he has already hug out with them a bit and loves them already!

I got my First Japanese Bantam This Friday!! But They only had a Cockerel where I went to buy him. Is there anything I really need to know about him, how I should house him for show and prepare him? (I probably should have looked this stuff up before hand, but we didn't know really what we wanted, and when I saw him, I fell in love with him.) Thanks for any information. I'm going to be keeping an eye out for A young pullet for him.

This is a picture of him, currently in his brooder, He's about 4 weeks I think.

Does anyone have a long legged pet quality buff based roo? Mottled or columbian or ay combination of them would also work. I am looking for a roo with yellow or green legs for a restoration project for another bantam breed (Pyncheons). He would have an excellent home for the rest of his life.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a long legged pet quality buff based roo? Mottled or columbian or ay combination of them would also work. I am looking for a roo with yellow or green legs for a restoration project for another bantam breed (Pyncheons). He would have an excellent home for the rest of his life.
Too bad we are in SC. I have a buff guy that would work for you.

Would you consider shipping him once tge weather stabilizes? I would love to see what he looks like
If he isn't sold by then, I certainly would. He is only a couple weeks old right now. I can already tell he is larger than the other chicks and will be too tall for showing. We have a show in three week and he will be available for purchase while we are there. If he isn't sold I will take pics and post them for you
big_smile.png

I TELL YOU! WAY TO TURN A GOOD DAY BAD! I had found this morning instead of our planned 3 hour delay for school today we ended up not having any school. So, my mom told me we could go down to our breeders and bring him all our extra roos, which I had planned on also taking eggy our silkie to him as well.....he was beating up marshie all too much. so the other day I decided to take eggy to my breeder who was not open sunday, so I planned on taking him today. what made me decide to get rid of him was the fact that he was over mating his girl and was pulling feathers out way too much. eggy tried mating with marshe and she was trying to get away, so Cadbury came after eggy to get him off of her, protecting his girls from eggy's dumb brains. so when we went down to the coop we drove up to it and my mom had said for me to stay in the car so I didn't get my shoes all dirty and I could tell her which roos I would take. that's when she had noticed Cadbury. when I saw him I was thinking, wow he sure was rolling in the mud! then I realized he had blood caked all over his hackles! the back of his comb was chopped off by who knows what.....but I knew it was eggy. I stormed over to eggy and grabbed him by the tail with so much force I just walked to the box and threw him in. I screamed I hate eggy.....I wasn't trying to be mean to him, its just Cadbury is my pride and joy and he had hurt him! I just broke down after that and couldn't see my baby in the state he was in....of course the blood made everything look worse that it actually is...I think. then my mom told me to just keep one of the 5 roos from my new years hatch, which I was sole fully keeping 2 and temporarily keeping one to sell to another local BYCer here. well, she just shoved all the other roos into the box except for my two I wanted, leven and milkshake. then all she said was I told you so.....uh, sorry but you told me what? nothing. I had told her I needed to get rid of my roos...she never told me.... LOL anyways, I was ticked at eggy. wouldn't even look at him. im just mad that Cadbury can now not be entered into our state fair. ANGRY you have no idea. I am still crying as im typing this because I couldn't stand to loom at him In such a state. im sorry. sorry the gross pictures, but it was what I had seen.....im so upset! looked back in the coop after I got back from my breeders and it looks like a murder scene with blood speckled on the feeder, shavings, doorway, and nest boxes.

I TELL YOU! WAY TO TURN A GOOD DAY BAD! I had found this morning instead of our planned 3 hour delay for school today we ended up not having any school. So, my mom told me we could go down to our breeders and bring him all our extra roos, which I had planned on also taking eggy our silkie to him as well.....he was beating up marshie all too much. so the other day I decided to take eggy to my breeder who was not open sunday, so I planned on taking him today. what made me decide to get rid of him was the fact that he was over mating his girl and was pulling feathers out way too much. eggy tried mating with marshe and she was trying to get away, so Cadbury came after eggy to get him off of her, protecting his girls from eggy's dumb brains. so when we went down to the coop we drove up to it and my mom had said for me to stay in the car so I didn't get my shoes all dirty and I could tell her which roos I would take. that's when she had noticed Cadbury. when I saw him I was thinking, wow he sure was rolling in the mud! then I realized he had blood caked all over his hackles! the back of his comb was chopped off by who knows what.....but I knew it was eggy. I stormed over to eggy and grabbed him by the tail with so much force I just walked to the box and threw him in. I screamed I hate eggy.....I wasn't trying to be mean to him, its just Cadbury is my pride and joy and he had hurt him! I just broke down after that and couldn't see my baby in the state he was in....of course the blood made everything look worse that it actually is...I think. then my mom told me to just keep one of the 5 roos from my new years hatch, which I was sole fully keeping 2 and temporarily keeping one to sell to another local BYCer here. well, she just shoved all the other roos into the box except for my two I wanted, leven and milkshake. then all she said was I told you so.....uh, sorry but you told me what? nothing. I had told her I needed to get rid of my roos...she never told me.... LOL anyways, I was ticked at eggy. wouldn't even look at him. im just mad that Cadbury can now not be entered into our state fair. ANGRY you have no idea. I am still crying as im typing this because I couldn't stand to loom at him In such a state. im sorry. sorry the gross pictures, but it was what I had seen.....im so upset! looked back in the coop after I got back from my breeders and it looks like a murder scene with blood speckled on the feeder, shavings, doorway, and nest boxes.

I've seen so much worse. Blood makes everything look worse.

Back
Top Bottom