Japanese Bantam Thread!

Lauravonsmurf those are some great pics.
My bantams are just country raised, and don't know how to pose for short legs. The Hatcher stated they are not show birds, so that does make a difference, but these pics of 2feathers, and whitefeathers who have been brooding for 2 months are a little ragged around the edges, but they do show a fairly short leg.

This is Whitefeathers (named for the white on her tail) Her clutch are from my range bantams, not true Black Tailed Whites.

2Feathers has two distinct white trimmed feathers on each side of her tail

She's not embarrassed to show how short her legs are either.

Lauravonsmurf those are some great pics.
My bantams are just country raised, and don't know how to pose for short legs. The Hatcher stated they are not show birds, so that does make a difference, but these pics of 2feathers, and whitefeathers who have been brooding for 2 months are a little ragged around the edges, but they do show a fairly short leg.

This is Whitefeathers (named for the white on her tail) Her clutch are from my range bantams, not true Black Tailed Whites.

2Feathers has two distinct white trimmed feathers on each side of her tail

She's not embarrassed to show how short her legs are either.

Oh they look cute to me, but I am not a shower or breeder... the more I check out these little guys the more I like them. From what I could sort out of the Asian sites it seems the little rumpless also carry the short leg gene and that is preferred to long legged ones. Both breeds have me intrigued.

I am very currious about body and tail types availabe in USA, when I went to the Asian sites (mostly Japanese) I noted a bigger variety in body type, comb, tail styles and then those "true blacks" wow... I only see consistent 1 type in pics in USA, so show folks do the other types exist here? I know Europe has a much larger colour range then USA. Also are frizzles and silkies Chabo here?

At he shows I've been to, what I mostly see is hatchery type Japs. There was one at the last show we went to that was taller than my Rosecomb pullets! We are just getting into the Jap breed, so I'm not sure which colors we are going to go with just yet.

I'm excited about the Japs we have now as well as the challenge of breeding great show birds. My boys are both in the military, so we have an "empty nest". I love the Seramas, but there is only one color that is accepted. I'm a fan of color, and ready to move on with a breed that I can take higher than BOV in a show. The challenge of choosing, selecting, and breeding will keep me occupied during my boys' deployments. :)

I'm excited about the Japs we have now as well as the challenge of breeding great show birds. My boys are both in the military, so we have an "empty nest". I love the Seramas, but there is only one color that is accepted. I'm a fan of color, and ready to move on with a breed that I can take higher than BOV in a show. The challenge of choosing, selecting, and breeding will keep me occupied during my boys' deployments.
smile.png
:) You will have fun. I am sure now I want to raise chabo, these kind I think are cool:

I just love the combs and wattles on this breed.

Back
Top Bottom