Japanese Bantam Thread!

Two Black Tailed Buff Japanese Bantam chicks, 3 weeks old today. Sexes?? (I'm thinking possibly both hens?)

thanks.
big_smile.png

I lucked up and got a jap baby at tsc, unfortunately the only one they had. Its a month old now and so tiny, just love it. I was hoping for a too, but think it may be a hen. I believe its mottled color. Had the most beautiful down when I bought it, black, whit and grey. I love its tiny tail when it holds it straight up and short little legs
1f60a.png
its feathering black tail, wings started off the longest whit, the shorter top black, and shoulders a combination. Its comb is still black and very small which leads me to believe hen, no sign of wattles. Its legs are black with yellow feet, I definitely need to find some more of the same breed. Its my prettiest bantam chick, I'm really looking forward to seeing how this chick ends up being colored. Sorry I cant post pics from my phone and don't have a computer, sure wish they had gotten more than one little jap. I checked several weeks and this was the only one I could find its very short compared to my oegb, duccle, bantam cochins and silkie, so his/her name is tinsy
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom