Japanese Bantam Thread!

For the second time I've put some Japanese eggs under a brooding serama. I lost the first clutch when the hen deserted her nest just before hatching; she is no longer part of my flock. After this I'll leave the Japanese eggs in the nest and let the Japanese hen brood and hatch them. An excellent mom-she's hatched and raised many serama chicks and a few EEs.
fl.gif

For the second time I've put some Japanese eggs under a brooding serama. I lost the first clutch when the hen deserted her nest just before hatching; she is no longer part of my flock. After this I'll leave the Japanese eggs in the nest and let the Japanese hen brood and hatch them. An excellent mom-she's hatched and raised many serama chicks and a few EEs.
fl.gif

she isn't laying eggs :( shes eating and drinking and is acting normal but she just looks swelled up and ruffled. what can be the issue???
Check her weight, breathing, runny poo, and any signs of sickness. Possibly molting? A picture may help BYC members to be more helpful in determining what may be wrong. Was she laying eggs? Check vent for swelling and discoloration. Egg binding and intestinal infections, as well as many other things, could cause her appearance to be as you describe.

Does it look like mine? My little ones look like they are cold too. It might be just puffy feathers....I hope. I know they are not cold and they run jump and play like the rest.

Back
Top Bottom