Japanese Bantam Thread!

Here is the hen I was asking about the other day

I received a assortment of Japanese bantams this morning

and I was wondering if you all could tell me what colors I got.
Thank you.

one in question.

normal other ones.

here's a pictureof my hen idk what's wrong with her if anything but she is always hunched down and looks like she's over weight shes eating fine drinking fine her vent is a light pink. is anything wrong

Last edited:
one in question.

normal other ones.

here's a pictureof my hen idk what's wrong with her if anything but she is always hunched down and looks like she's over weight shes eating fine drinking fine her vent is a light pink. is anything wrong
Looks overweight, but when you handle her is she actually underweight? I tried to make the picture bigger, but was unable to do so. The hens eyes, are they bright and round-compare with your other hens. Parasites-lice, ticks, and worms? Especially internal parasitic worms-has she been wormed lately? If not, consider treating your whole flock. There are many poultry diseases-many contagious-have you separated her from the rest of the flock? If not, consider doing so until you're sure she is OK.

I have only gotten two eggs which were fertile thank goodness ,from one of my btw Japanese the hen that layed them is dead but my 3 others are not laying at all the only hen that's laying out of 6 is my partridge rock hen who has layed 1 egg a day since decmber. the Japanese hens are running from the roo, the hens are only about a year old. I have them on laying pellets mixed with hen scratch but idk if I'm doing something wrong or if I can do anything to fix this issue.

Back
Top Bottom