Japanese Bantam Thread!

I have only gotten two eggs which were fertile thank goodness ,from one of my btw Japanese the hen that layed them is dead but my 3 others are not laying at all the only hen that's laying out of 6 is my partridge rock hen who has layed 1 egg a day since decmber. the Japanese hens are running from the roo, the hens are only about a year old. I have them on laying pellets mixed with hen scratch but idk if I'm doing something wrong or if I can do anything to fix this issue.
Hopefully spring will make the difference for you. I do not know about others, but mine started to lay before they reached 6 months of age.

thank you I just don't know whats wrong. everyone else posts about how crazy there birds are laying
Not everyone else... I have read posts similar to yours-hens not laying. Factors that effect egg laying are diet, hours of light, temperature, health, and being secure. My guess is that as the days get longer for spring your hens will start laying. Try to be patient and good luck.

Didn't know that there were blue tailed buffs. I have a black tailed white roo (he was supposed to be just black, love him anyways). He holds his tail funny though, it's because l had to put him in a too short tote for winter so he started holding it diagonally in an attempt to not touch the top, now he doesn't know how to stop holding it like that.

Back
Top Bottom