Japanese Bantam Thread!

Pics
Quote:
You guys should try Cackle, they really try to get good stock, i met a guy that was supplying their phoenix for a while, because the owner was really wanting better stock, plus they seem to have more of a variety of well varieties, I'm going to some phoenix bantams from them since I have seen some of the 'cousins', very nice champion birds-

Thanks!! I put in the order with Cackle. I appreciate the advice!
Jenny

Hey everyone! I thought I would post this on here before I tried CL! If you live near Central Tx... I am trying to find a home for a pair of black japanese we have decided not to keep. They are both under a year. They are not show quality BUT they will be great for breeding. The cockerel has a kind of folded wattle thats shorter than the other and his hackle feathers look "thin" not a different color but they are thin looking which gives them a look of a different color...he will most likely look fine after his first molt. Other than that he has nice short legs and body shape. The pullet is in great shape but he legs are to long. Paired they should yield a larger hatch rate and should get some good chicks from them. If anyone is interested let me know and I will post picks. They need a bath as it has been raining a lot lately and they are quite muddy!

Here are some pics. of my BTB. I'd like some in put on them.
Be honest I can handle the truth
44571_btb_00002.jpg

44571_btb_00007.jpg

44571_btb_00006.jpg

44571_btb_00005.jpg

44571_btb_00003.jpg

44571_btb_00001.jpg

44571_btb_00000.jpg

44571_btb_00004.jpg

Quote:
Well, I do not know too much about the breed, but I think when you do your culling to breed for shorter legs, that roosters looks a little long. He also has a white feather, I imagine that that would be a Disqualification @ a show.
Those are simple problems though easy fix.

Hello Outback Hatcher,

The birds that you have pictured are someplace to start. As someone suggested, the males legs are a little long but not long enough to cull him. He will give you more fertile eggs. The overall type of the Japs is pretty good. The type is better than the color. You will need to focus on getting rid of the white feathers by hatching a lot of chicks and culling for white feathers.
Terry

Quote:
Definitely. I believe 25% of them will have the short legs. You really should be hatching as much as you can, grow everything out and keep breeding shortXshort with the least white or no white.
Goodluck!

Back
Top Bottom