Japanese Bantam Thread!

Pics
My two little 6 week cockerals are very aggressive. They pick fights with all the other chicks and the turkey poults!

My BTW can fly really well at this age too. They roost in the rafters which are almost 5 feet off the ground.

Quote:
Wow! My 4 week old BTW cockerel (Titan) is my first-ever roo. I've heard all these stories about how aggressive JB Roos can be, so I was preparing myself to not bond with him. Out of my 5 Japanese bantams (4 pullets and a cockerel), the cockerel is by far the calmest and most trusting. He lays belly up in my hands, perches on my shoulder while I'm walking around outside, and cuddles up a lot. On the other hand though, the 4 pullets (Mochi, Snickers, Kitty, and Lucy) are super flighty and dislike being handled. Is it common for a rooster to be the cuddliest flock member?

Last edited by a moderator:
just posted my first ever auction! Go see if anyone lives near central Tx and interested in Black japs! It's in the 8 wks and older section this will be the first time for us to sell a SQ pair, we usually keep all SQ pullets but we finally have enough! LOL! I am thinking sometime maybe I should trade or buy another pullet from someone else to get new blood in our breeding flock, is that what most breeders do? The thing is I think that Black Japs will be hard to find here and not really sure about hatching eggs
hu.gif

at chickos request.

I haven't posted in a while but the black mottled chicks are turning out pretty good
smile.png
they have changed now from yellow/white with black spots to there teenage coloring black with white dots here are a few of them. hatched may 8th mind you they didn't want to cooperate too much

P1060694.jpg

P1060699.jpg

P1060683.jpg

P1060662.jpg

P1060661.jpg

P1060675.jpg

P1060677.jpg

P1060691.jpg

Back
Top Bottom