Japanese Bantam Thread!

Pics
Oh dear I am SOO tempted. Anyone have some adults, chicks, or eggs they are selling?
smile.png

Quote:
Thanks for sharing yoru experiences! My coop is like 30-40 feet from the nearest neighbor, so still a little concerned. But ya maybe only one rooster wouldn't be too loud.

we have all kinds and I have to say I think ours crow quieter than our other bantams even. For sure quieter than our silkies and even the nankins. Out of all the rooster his crow is my favorite!
love.gif
It sounds kind of like a little alarm clock, we have had him inside before shows and am able to sleep through the crowing from the next room (with the door shut of course)

Thank you so much! Found your auction
smile.png

Quote:
we have all kinds and I have to say I think ours crow quieter than our other bantams even. For sure quieter than our silkies and even the nankins. Out of all the rooster his crow is my favorite!
love.gif
It sounds kind of like a little alarm clock, we have had him inside before shows and am able to sleep through the crowing from the next room (with the door shut of course)

Thank you so much! Found your auction
smile.png

good luck on hatching
fl.gif
I know you will love them! FYI: they always come a little earlier than expected if you temps are good
wink.png
but the bast hatch has always been from broodies which this breed also is really great at!
jumpy.gif

Very pretty, chickencrazed! My BTW hens are actually a color mix of BTW and Buff.

These are the photos I entered the BYC calendar, so you may have seen them previously:
DSC_0625.jpg

It was a cold night, so the hens below were puffed up.

DSC_5956cropcontrast.jpg

Last edited:
I am uploading some cute baby jap picts and will post when they are done uploading...

P1070248.jpg

P1070242.jpg

and just for fun... another picture of the frizzle
P1070239.jpg

and the one we call dove
P1070237.jpg

Last edited:
today was spa day - getting ready for show this weekend...

White roo getting his feet done... not appreciating it to much
P1070221.jpg

Bath time... this is Sugar
P1070220.jpg

Rinse time... this is Flour
P1070218.jpg

Dry time .... My daughter Michaella- and Abominable-
P1070223.jpg

Chilling out- finishing drying
P1070226.jpg

P1070227.jpg

P1070229.jpg