Japanese Bantam Thread!

Pics
I have a trio of SG grey japs, they are true short legged and the 2 hens both have completely bare patches on their bellies, but not the roo. Is this from rubbing on the ground as they have outside time during the day? How bad will it count off in a show and/or should I even bother to take them to a show? They are excellent birds otherwise. Do show breeders of japs normally not let their show birds out to range a bit?

Thanks for any advice. This really concerns me.

If they have gone broody, they will pluck the feathers off of their belly.
It does matter in a show (condition) but if they are perfect otherwise.... Then give it a shot.
What do you have to lose?

Thanks very much for the info. The girls are not broody, but all 3 are short legged and the roo does not have this problem. No other health problems, mites, or lice either. I will take them anyway, entry fees are already paid. Thanks again for your info.

Thank you. I will certainly let you know, especially if it's good.
smile.png

Anyone on here have any Show Quality Japanese for sale? I have a friend who is just getting into this breed and only want to buy the best so they can show all over the state. Particularly looking for black tailed buff, black tailed white, Blue, and Splash or any other odd colors. I've already sold them a nice gray rooster, splash hen, and some blue mottled.

Back
Top Bottom