Japanese Bantam Thread!

Pics
Just one pair? Get real!
I know, right.
lol.png
But that's how it all starts. I started with 4 Silkies, now I have close to 20. Problem is lack of space at the moment...
What are the chances of Silkies and Japanese bantams getting along? Probably not a good idea, right?

My Silkies are more aggressive than my Japs. And Silkies are pretty mellow.
I have one Jap that is a little turd, but he's the oldest one out there, close to 10 yrs old, so I let him get away with it.
I don't think you would have a problem at all.

My Silkies are more aggressive than my Japs. And Silkies are pretty mellow.
I have one Jap that is a little turd, but he's the oldest one out there, close to 10 yrs old, so I let him get away with it.
I don't think you would have a problem at all.
Well that might be something worth a try then.
big_smile.png
Thank you.

Just one pair? Get real!

Tammy... was the new e-mail I sent finally readable?

I am a member of JBBA, and recently scanned the breeders list. IF it came out OK, I can send it to anyone interested
big_smile.png
It came out great I need to take a closer look at it just been so busy lately... To anyone wanting to be put on the list for barred jap eggs please let me know looks like my friends decided they don't like the barred color as well as the blue mottled and splashes so I have a trio out of Ken Lee's stock really short legs and the dad won reserve best of breed April 2012 but these aren't laying yet only about 5 months old right now. And I am building more pens and seperating out by colors if anyone has a request for any other particular color they want hatching eggs from just let me know. Colors I can do this with is barred, splash, blue mottled, and black mottled. Working on a couple project colors as well and I have a couple frizzled japanese hens if you prefer to have only straight feathered let me know.

It came out great I need to take a closer look at it just been so busy lately... To anyone wanting to be put on the list for barred jap eggs please let me know looks like my friends decided they don't like the barred color as well as the blue mottled and splashes so I have a trio out of Ken Lee's stock really short legs and the dad won reserve best of breed April 2012 but these aren't laying yet only about 5 months old right now. And I am building more pens and seperating out by colors if anyone has a request for any other particular color they want hatching eggs from just let me know. Colors I can do this with is barred, splash, blue mottled, and black mottled. Working on a couple project colors as well and I have a couple frizzled japanese hens if you prefer to have only straight feathered let me know.
I would be interested in eggs, especially the splashes and blue mottled. I just need to figure out where to put them...the chicks. lol But if yours are only 5 months old at the moment, that'll give me lots of time to plan.
big_smile.png
Worst case, they can live with my Silkies.

I purchased eggs on e-bay and was thrilled with the results.
Later on, I found out it was japbantams2011.
So she gets the stoopid seal of approval
thumbsup.gif
if anyone is considering eggs from Tammy.

I would be interested in eggs, especially the splashes and blue mottled. I just need to figure out where to put them...the chicks. lol But if yours are only 5 months old at the moment, that'll give me lots of time to plan.
big_smile.png
Worst case, they can live with my Silkies.
My splashes and blue mottled vary in age from 2 yrs to 6 months but my barreds are still young and not laying yet. In my pen currently I have blue mottled, black mottled, splash and a couple frizzled japanese hens. Chicks that will hatch from this combination will be black mottled, blue mottled, splash, and maybe a few solid blues and blacks.

My splashes and blue mottled vary in age from 2 yrs to 6 months but my barreds are still young and not laying yet. In my pen currently I have blue mottled, black mottled, splash and a couple frizzled japanese hens. Chicks that will hatch from this combination will be black mottled, blue mottled, splash, and maybe a few solid blues and blacks.
So if I were to order eggs, I would get a variety of colors?
Do you have pictures of your flock to look at?
big_smile.png

So if I were to order eggs, I would get a variety of colors?
Do you have pictures of your flock to look at?
big_smile.png
That is correct. Here are a few of my breeders:

Black Mottled Frizzle Japanese hen

Blue Mottled 2 yr old has gotten more white on him as he got older

Black Mottled

Splash hen

I do have a seperate pen of splash and blue splash these should breed true to color.

Back
Top Bottom