Japanese Bantam Thread!

Pics
Black Mottled
I love this one, very pretty.
big_smile.png
Wouldn't mind having one of those.
Soon!

I have a bunch of boys just like that needing homes.....
cheep. They will be going to auction in NJ next month if someone doesn't take some.....

Last edited:
love.gif
I am loving that blue boy....
Well I've considering selling him with a nice hen if anyone may be interested. I'd really only like to keep just a few of my blue mottled who are my pets but sell all the others, keep my black mottled's and a few splashes, sell out of barreds, only keeping 2 frizzle black mottled japanese hens still have 2 I want to sell a blue mottled and splash, and I'm working on 2 project colors and varities.
Have a couple extra jap boys that are short legged one is black with only a little silver in his hackle feathers and another is gray but doesn't have enough lacing for showing may be nice breeders for someone. Have another nice gray rooster looks like his silver has a yellow look here's a pict of him:

I love this one, very pretty.
big_smile.png
Wouldn't mind having one of those.
Soon!
That's Dot my show hen she won best of breed and variety at a show April 2012 will be taking her back in Oct. along with 2 of her daughters hoping for another win. Most people don't believe that she is standing up in that picture cause she is so short legged.

That's Dot my show hen she won best of breed and variety at a show April 2012 will be taking her back in Oct. along with 2 of her daughters hoping for another win. Most people don't believe that she is standing up in that picture cause she is so short legged.
So what do the proper legs of a japanese bantam look like? For a breeding and/or show quality bird?
How short do they really need to be? Are the longer legs a DQ?

So what do the proper legs of a japanese bantam look like? For a breeding and/or show quality bird?
How short do they really need to be? Are the longer legs a DQ?

Wrap your index finger around the leg: you should see feathers on one side of your finger & foot on the other. about 3/4 of an inch is the length you're looking for. Longer legs are not a disqualification but a long legged Japanese Bantam with long legs can't be expected to do well in a show. That said, the first General Disqualification listed is "Specimen lacking in breed characteristics". A judge could support disqualifying a long legged Jap based on this since short legs are an identifying breed characteristic of Japanese Bantams.

Back
Top Bottom