Japanese Bantam Thread!

Pics
Can't wait to see those chicks! Welcome welcome :)

usually by 6wks the boy have larger red wattles & combs than the ladies
some of my crew @ 7wks & a few younger. The one in the lower middle is a girl & the one above her to the left (with the darker body showing) is a boy
Hope that helps you till you can get your photos up for us to see!

Thanks for the welcome!

I do have some pics I took today (not very good pics) and I think I may have a lot of boys:(

Last edited:
Hi,
I'm going to a show next weekend and am hoping to purchase a SQ Japanese hen. I don't have a SOP so I know nothing about breed characteristics and what I should look for. Could someone maybe point me in the direction of the breed standards so I don't buy a pet quality one? Thanks in advance!

If you want a Show Quality bird, I am assuming you want to show.
You simply MUST purchase an SOP.
The ABA has that book, and a membership special package....
http://www.bantamclub.com/PDF/ABA_Info_Bank.pdf
This is for if you want to be cheap... you can purchase separate pages.
I am not sure if you have to be a member.
The ABA is a great club that will work with you, contact Karen Unrath, and see if she will make up a member package deal for you.
I am also including pages from the breeders directory for you out northwest... perhaps you can meet with a breeder close by you.

Hopefully you can click on these and find a local breeder. If you have a problem opening them, PM me, and I will try a different way.
Good luck!
Roberta

So my girls are 21 wks now & I caught one in the nesting barrel, just laying there, but still! Very exciting to see- hopefully some will start to lay before winter.

hi i would likr know if you have for sale 1 japanese hen bantam i want to give a present to my girlfrend because she lost a week agohis hen and the male is alone in the cage so my girlfriend is very sad if you haveit for sale let me know please thanx..!!!

hi i would likr know if you have for sale 1 japanese hen bantam i want to give a present to my girlfrend because she lost a week agohis hen and the male is alone in the cage so my girlfriend is very sad if you haveit for sale let me know please thanx..!!!

Back
Top Bottom