Japanese Bantam Thread!

Can anyone help me with what color I should call these. I believe they came from a mottled hen and a BTW rooster.

I'm no expert, but i'd say they were mottled since mom was - I love love love them & the lacing!! I hope to be able to add some different colored JBs to my group of BTWs to get some awesome feathering

I'm no expert, but i'd say they were mottled since mom was - I love love love them & the lacing!! I hope to be able to add some different colored JBs to my group of BTWs to get some awesome feathering
Well I will eventually be getting rid of 2 of the boys if your interested and also will be hopefully hatching some of their eggs in the spring.

They are not a recognized color, the pattern is more of a lacing than a mottling. When crossing them, you will get a variety of different color patterns, depending on the genetic combinations.

They are not a recognized color, the pattern is more of a lacing than a mottling. When crossing them, you will get a variety of different color patterns, depending on the genetic combinations.
That is what I find so fun about my Japanese Bantams. I like to let the roosters mate with whatever hens they like. Then its exciting to wait and see what the chicks turn into. I got some lovely surprise colours. If I want to get the 'recognised' colours I just put the proper colour roo and hen in pen together.

I'll have a few Mottled cockerels at the Sussex NJ show tomorrow for sale if anyone is interested.
I just have too many. ABA banded, but not SQ.
Nice short legs!

Back
Top Bottom