Japanese Bantam Thread!

You can continue to be rude & arrogant but that doesn't change the fact that your birds are junk.

PS-as the spelling expert you are I'm surprised at your spelling of undefeated & variety

He's presenting them as show winners. People who don't know any better could assume that's what Japanese Bantams should look like. In terms of their showability, if that's a word, they are junk birds.

I also agree that there is a lot of rudeness going back and forth. And I was enjoying this thread trying to learn about the Japanese Bantams as I am new to them. I understand how some feel others may be misrepresenting the breed. But not all of us show and just want to learn general info about the breed. It makes me not want to post on this thread if I dont have the correct type of Japanese Bantam.

Way Way back I posted a picture of a pair of grey's and asked for an opinion, I never really was given an opinion (It is always helpful IMHO to have someone else to critique your birds, no matter how experienced you are, NY REDS keep up the good work) the response I did get was If I was really serious join the JBA and study the standards. I have not yet joined the JBA due to living in Canada, but have talked with several other breeders and diligently studied the Standard.

I have gotten some very nice offspring out of that pair and am hoping to show them next year.

JBs look so cool! I love seeing all the pictures of em'!!
celebrate.gif

Just to change the subject slightly, I was given a new pair of Japanese Bantams a few months ago, and the hen hatched out one egg. The youngster is now fully grown and she has feathered legs and some on her feet.

She looks very funny - she is only a pet NOT A SHOW BIRD.

She shows all the correct body shape and short legs and size for a Japanese Bantam. Her parents look like good quality birds, with no trace of feathers on the legs.

Has anyone else had a Jap, with feathered legs?

I am not going to breed any more chicks from that pair, but I will keep the funny one as a pet. I have called her 'Socks'.

I will get a pic soon if anyone interested.

Socks is probably a cross with another bantam with feather legs.
Maybe not directly, but an older relative.
I recently got hatching eggs, and hatched out some really nice birds, but one has a little fuzz where there shouldn't be.
This is the reason you should try to breed true.
Generations later, these faults pop up, and it's sometimes very hard to get rid of some of them.
JMO

Back
Top Bottom