Japanese Coturnix Quail Color Genetics (Plumage mutations)

British Range is the result of the presence of extended brown, the wild-type (which is the pharaoh variety), and red head genes to be exact
big_smile.png
That is why there are more shades in the plumage
smile.png

Quote:
I can't help with the colors, but that is a gorgeous bird!

SHE IS WICKED GOOD WITH THAT CAMERA ISNT SHE? GO OVER TO THE PHEASANT SECTION AND LOOK AT THE CINNAMON FRONT GOLDEN SHE HAS TAKEN PIX OF
smile.png

I STILL THINK THE WHITE COTURNIX ASLEEP OVER THE EDGE OF THE FOOD DISH WAS BEST
smile.png

Sometimes you just have to savor a good picture of a pretty bird, and just do the ummh, thing.
Anything else is pointless.
Just my 2 cents.

I see one of the Silver genetic mutations up there. And the other Silver? Is there more than 2?

I know, when you get to it. As if this is all you have to do. I am trying to be patient.

Well, I just think knowing the known Mutations is very important when even raising the Coturnix, let alone breeding them for specifics.
I know about a lot of them, but you have the resources to check them out and make sure the information is current.
Because I know that some of the old Mutations, well things have changed and have been corrected.

One thing I am trying to figure out is how certain Mutations work when bred together. That may be an unknown in some instances.

I really would like ALL the White Mutations listed and the Black Mutations. Then I won't have to keep looking for my list of White Mutations, when I am trying to think things through several generations ahead. So this way people can recognize what they are seeing and be able to think it through when they are setting up their breeder cages. I know that you probably want to add some others, too.

And its going to have to be kept up, because the information on the Mutations keeps changing. Because they mutate every time you turn around, as it is. They just are like no other bird when it comes to their genetics. They have shown that time after time. Well, I know you are busy busy, so I will try not to crack the whip to often. But I had to go way back in the archives to find this thing.

Back
Top Bottom