Java chick hatching... but at wrong end !!! >>>>>>>> PICS ADDED

chickenzoo

Emu Hugger
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
a bumpy dirt road in Florida
Finally get one of these suckers to hatch and it's hatching from the wrong end !!!!
barnie.gif
Hope it makes it, I think I have one more trying also, I lost the third - it was perfect but didn't pip. I have had the worst luck with shipped eggs this year, yet all my IB eggs are hatching.
hmm.png
Keep your fingers crossed for me.
fl.gif

UPDATE: Pics - Here she is.........

7205_javachick2.jpg

7205_javachick3.jpg

7205_javachick1.jpg

7205_peachicks2010.jpg

And here's all the other IB peas waiting to grow out for their new mommies & dads - except for the Cameo, that's from Boggy and is Mine, Mine, Mine... LOL
Also in there - 2 YG's, 2 Bamboo Partridge, 1 Turkey Poult, and 2 Polish

Last edited:
Wow.... very pretty, such colors...... Almost looks like what you might get if a peacock and a turkey crossed........  /img/smilies/big_smile.png Never seen them before.   QH you are very lucky to have found them, they are gorgeous.

Can turkey & Peafowl breed?

In all my life, I have yet to see a verified turkey/peafowl cross, not even a picture of one. There are pics of so called turkey/peafowl cross but the ones I have seen are photo shopped. In fact, I have never seen a Turkey crossed with anything other than a Turkey. Ive heard rumors that they exist but, I myself am highly doubtful. I have witnessed a guinea/pea hybrid but that combo is very rare. I put a Turkey/Peafowl hybrid into the same category as the infamous Rabbit/Cat hybrid aka Cabbit.

Gerald Barker

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

If yours can do it maybe mine can too! I had that same issue- fully formed perfect chick inside the egg..... no pip
hit.gif

Good luck!

First of hatching season mine ALL were hatching. Now I've had 3 the same - formed but didn't pip. I always heard that the first hatches were the strongest chicks and wondered if late in hatching season they just weren't as strong so didn't hatch as well.

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it a full Java?

Our last 3 pea eggs of 2010 stopped turning yesterday. That leaves a flat of quail eggs and 1 of Marans, both of them stop turning next week I think and "off goes the 'bator"
smile.png

Steve

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom