Java Thread

A couple pictures of my Mottled Java chicks. I am very happy to be getting back into working with the Mottled Javas after a 15 year absence of having any. :)

Quote:
One other thing I noticed was that the really green birds did not have any hint of purple barring. A lot of my birds have a mediocre green sheen with an underlying purple barring that drives me nuts. Alas, the neighborhood dogs killed all the brilliant green chicks and I no longer have their parents, so I can't experiment to see what it really was that made that sheen so green. Wish I knew how to get rid of that purple. It sure is annoying.

I wouldn't keep a bird with a lot of red or gold feathers. But I have kept a few birds with one or two auburn feathers in the hackle. I think it is a matter of balance, and not letting the off-color feathering take over in the flock.

This is my new Mottled Java hen Sami saying "Hi!". She is a fabulous girl I brought home from the NC State Fair and she's already won a place in my heart. She is making hersel right at home with my Mottled Wyandotte , my Sexlink and my Welsummer* (been trying to get that one decided in the Welsummer thread).

I'm looking for a single, Black Java hen, any age as long as she is still fertile. What I'm wanting is a nice large hen, white skin, and good quality.
If anyone is sorting out and has a spare hen they won't be using in the spring, please PM me.

I'm looking for a single, Black Java hen, any age as long as she is still fertile. What I'm wanting is a nice large hen, white skin, and good quality.
If anyone is sorting out and has a spare hen they won't be using in the spring, please PM me.

A good quality java, bred to standard, will have yellow skin. White skin (defined as complete absence of yellow) is a disqualification for javas. Are you just looking for a black laying hen? Or are you planning to breed the bird? If you are planning to breed it, please be responsible and maintain the breed characteristics.

Back
Top Bottom