Java Thread

I just love these javas!! They are HUGE compared to my mature mixed flock, and they are only 13 weeks old!!

Been awhile since I have been on here, glad to see folks are still interested in the Java's!! I am looking to start a breeding pen of whites. Does anyone know of someone breeding these I could buy hatching eggs from? TIA

I got mine from Teri, as well. I have 6 that are just 9 weeks old.

Teri is awesome. We picked up eggs on the way through. We probably talked for over an hour. DH got a chance to see her lead rooster Buddy and fell in love the breed. He is HUGE! There really is a difference in these birds and the hatchery stock. They have size, beauty, and intelligence! I can not wait to see how they do here.

Been awhile since I have been on here, glad to see folks are still interested in the Java's!! I am looking to start a breeding pen of whites. Does anyone know of someone breeding these I could buy hatching eggs from? TIA

Teri at Double Triple C (can be found on Facebook) had a project pen of whites that she passed on to someone else--- she may know where you can find some.

The Java breed is a breed that needs saving. The color varieties went into many breeds, such as Rhode Island Red and Jersey Giant.

The Java comes in Black, Mottled, White, and Auburn.

I like the Auburn color best.

Does anyone know a hatchery that sells Java chicks?

Several hatcheries offer MT Java's, I think Sand Hill offers mottleds. If I recall correctly the Auburn color came out of a flock of blacks that Garfield Farms acquired. They are very pretty, and not as common as the mottled.

Back
Top Bottom