Pics

kathyinmo

Nothing In Moderation
12 Years
May 14, 2009
(SW MO) Nevada, Missouri
My Coop
My Coop
I would like to have a thread to discuss Jersey Giants. I am new to the breed, and to poultry as well. If you have Giants, where did you get them? Here are some pictures of mine, Maria Hall line, hatched Sept 21, 2009.
Nov212009JerseyGiants2mths019.jpg

Nov212009JerseyGiants2mths015.jpg

Nov212009JerseyGiants2mths032.jpg

Nov212009JerseyGiants2mths005.jpg

Nov212009JerseyGiants2mths003.jpg

Nov212009JerseyGiants2mths022.jpg

Last edited:
Our Giants are so gentle and tame our boys just pick up the roos and carry them around. They are HUGE when grown. I have the Black Jerseys(hens and roos) and only a few white giant hens ( more to come in the spring). Loud deep crows from the roos too. I ordered all of mine from Cackle hatchery and have been very pleased with them. They are a wonderful breed and really are not truly full grown until they are almost 2 years old. The first year they grow their frame and then start to build their "bulk". Enjoy!
smile.png
Here is a pic on one of my Black Giant Roos SLADE .

Slade
7892_hpim2368.jpg

7892_hpim2367.jpg

I am in Florida and have JG. The wife and kids love them. I will post some better pictures when I get them. I hatch out about 60 or more chicks a month from them and boy do they go fast. It seems everyone is wanting them. My roo is a big boy. The girls are bigger than the Reds I had and bigger round as well. Not to bad laying i the winter time. I use my extra hens with my frizzle roosters and Americana Rooster. I am trying to get a large Frizzle breed going from JG.

I am interested to know how many breeders there are out there. It is hard for me to locate many. If you know of any, please post them. Do any of you breed toward APA Standard of Perfection? I am interested in that, but am still learning. I know they should have a long back, and yellow on the bottoms of their feet. I just got the APA SOP book, and am reviewing it.

Here is a picture of Giants that I hatched on Halloween. Of course, they are still just babies ...

12-24-09Halloweenchicksgrowing015.jpg

12-24-09Halloweenchicksgrowing007.jpg

12-24-09Halloweenchicksgrowing064.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for starting this thread! Jersey Giants are one of the main breeds I am interested in, too. I suppose it only makes sense that I am attracted to these beauties... I raise Mastiffs and Percherons
smile.png

I would love to see more birds! Surely there are lots of people here who have Jersey Giants?

I know that Bobbi porto in lutz florida is a breeder of them. I have one of her roos, so I cannot get any hens from her....so am wondering the same thing...where do i get more hens from.

I've only had my giants for a few weeks, and love them.

Back
Top Bottom