Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Quote:
Humm, they could possible be. Depends on what you call a big chicken though!
lol.png

I had a 10 - 13 pound Blue JG Roo!
wink.png

Kathy, he looks good! I'm sure he'll grow "into" that gangliness! His coloring is really nice! I ended up keeping just a splash roo from my Bobbi hatch - he looks like he's going to be really nice as well! I'm not a huge fan of splash coloring in roos, but he sort of made me keep him.
big_smile.png

I have to say, my Bobbi Jerseys are MUCH taller in stature than my Maria Hall ones. It's so interesting comparing the two! I have a blue roo from Maria's line - I'm going to try to get a pic of both of my roos standing near each other...they get along really well, and splash boy sort of follows blue boy around. It's sweet. I just love Jerseys!

Oh yes, Wynette, that would be a great picture with the 2 of them together. Do you have any black hens? I read somewhere that crossing a splash roo and black hen make the prettiest blue shade of all the blues.

I'll try to get a pic this weekend. Yuppers - you're right; the blues out of splash/black cross make the penciling really stand out. SO pretty!
love.gif

(Oh, yes, I do have 2 black hens that I kept from my Bobbi hatch.)

Thank you
smile.png

70052_chickens5.jpg

70052_chickens4.jpg

70052_chickens2.jpg

70052_chickens.jpg

I'm hoping someone can tell me if these are Jersey Giants or Australorp. They have pretty green, purple, blue hues that show in the light on their black feathers. There are a few white feathers on the underside of the wings on a couple of them. Their legs are black and the bottoms of their feet are yellow. Their mother was a very large all black hen. They are 9.5 weeks old. Thanks!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom