Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Pics
I bought some Wynnette and Pam's Pride. All of them are beautiful. I just cant say enough about how beautiful they are and their temperment. Oh, and they lay nice eggs. Chickens are not cooperative when trying to take their pictures
Nicki

Last edited:
I got my rooster from the OH National Poultry show. I don't know who I bought him from
sad.png
He was for sale all by himself in the sale area so I thought I'd pick him up. Winston is a great rooster, VERY BIG and protective of his flock! That is a standard cochin in front of him, he towers over all the hens.

Quote:
That is a really big bird you have there! How much does he weigh? Was he IN the show, as well? Lucky you, I wish I could go to a show. I am keeping an eye out, for any shows around my area!

Last edited:
Hey Guys!

I am now the proud mamma of 4 Jersey Giant chicks!! yay!!
celebrate.gif
These are my first Giants and I'm definitely excited to see them grow. The man I bought them from said that I have 3 Blues and 1 splash. Could you all tell me from the pics if they do look like blue chicks?? I saw some Black JG chick picks from another website and they have more black then these...but just wanted your opinions as this is your thread.

Splash and the others are behind her:

046.jpg

Blues:
047.jpg

Lined up in the middle w/the rest of the gang:

006.jpg

Please let me know if these indeed look like BLUE JG. Thanks and looking forward to learning more about these guys!!
love.gif

More pictures ...
Blue Jersey Giant
flock2-18-10126.jpg

flock2-18-10048.jpg

Splash Jersey Giant
flock2-18-10164.jpg

Am I a Jersey Giant or a Blue Marans? I have them in the same grow out pen. The JG are 3 weeks younger than the Marans, and I can't tell them apart! My Blue Marans do not have feathered legs. I guess I need to look at the bottom of their feet, and then band them! Otherwise I will just have to wait until the Giants are giant sized! I believe this is a JG, because the SOP calls for .... beak: Black, shading to yellow toward tip. ????
flock2-18-10135.jpg

flock2-18-10129.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Cool! I was hoping they were actually going to be blue...that is what I wanted! In fact if he had more splash I would have taken them too...but just the one.

Back
Top Bottom