Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

I know, you are right, I should weigh them. I even bought a nice scale to do that with, too. Just never got around to it. That is, however, on my, "to do list!"
lol.png

Gosh, I don't weigh mine, either. Very, very occasionally, if someone asks me to! HA! I've never weighed one of my full grown roosters, either, though I've often wondered! I have to get pics of my splash cockerel - he's from Bobbi Porto's line, and just is turning out to be so special. I thought I was going to have to put him down about a month ago; went to the pen and he wouldn't bear weight on his leg at all. Just hopping about on one leg! I removed him and put him in a spare horse stall so he'd be restricted, but nice & warm. Inspected him carefully and felt no tendon misalignments, nor broken bones....it was about a week before I saw any improvement whatsoever, and then overnight he was like 50% better, and within a few more days, I was able to return him to his flock. Was so worried about him, but Ernie's doing just great now! I am so excited about doing some hatches with him in the spring! Still have my blue Maria Hall-bred rooster, who is really nice, too, but I think I'm liking this splash boy a bit better, which is odd for me; I love splash hens, but typically don't much care for splash roosters! This guy's personality just makes him "that" much more special. Jerseys ROCK!

Kathyinmo We went out today to measure our oldest blue giant roo he stands at 29 inches without stretching his neck. We couldnt show him last year but this year he is looking really special so we shall see next month. I plan on taking his brother Indy (my BB last year) as well it will be interesting to see who is better this year.

Quote:
I can hardly wait to hear how the show goes! You just gotta post some more pictures, too! We don't get near enough pictures on this thread anymore.
lol.png

Leggs is still growing, of course. Today I put another pullet in with him, a black that just started laying this week. GEZ, I hope he starts acting interested in the girls soooooooon!
big_smile.png

I'll try to get a new pic of Cobalt tomorrow He has really filled out and is really looking better than Indy. I know for a fact hes fertile as he decided to move into my pen with all my young brahmas and I have been hatching some really beautiful giant/brahma eggs I will soon have to move him back in with the giant girls for the spring lol
edit for spelling

Last edited:
Question about tail feathers on JG Roos. My 9 months old cockerel has very long tail feathers. Most of the pics from other members on this thread are short. What is SOP? Short or long.

Here is a picture of my Best of Breed winner last year Indy Hes now 1 1/2 years old still molting but hes going to Newnan anyway

twenty seven inches tall and as you can see broad as a house lol
1737_indy_001.jpg

1737_indy_002.jpg
hes as gentle as he is huge He has been sharing his pen with some banty cochins without any problems

Billjr - I have one that has sort of longer, somewhat stringy looking tail feathers...he's from awesome lines, but he does have an odd tail. Let me see if I can dig up some pics....

Bertuzzi38mos.jpg

Do you see those sort of long ones danglin' down? Is that what your boy has? (This guy is only 7 months in this pic, BTW)

Back
Top Bottom