Juice cleanse

we need a smilie with green bits stuck in the teeth.
big_smile.png
yesss.gif

~ Aspen

I can not believe it. First day and I failed before I got started.
It was those strawberries.
...then the coffee.
I have to get started because I have all of that produce and it will go bad.
Can I start for dinner and try harder to avoid the coffee tomorrow?

sad.png

can I have decaf coffee if I drink it black?
or decaf tea?

...then the coffee.

:(
or decaf tea?

No such thing as failed. You just hit a road block but you can re-launch and start again. Remember that this is not easy, so you may have to re-launch for 5 days in a row. Can you remove the coffee from your sight and your house or do other people drink coffee in your household?

...then the coffee.

sad.png

or decaf tea?
I think if you just have one cup in the morning and don't use Sugar, and do everything else right your still doing Great! You can order just about any book you want from Amazon new or used.

My husband is a coffee drinker. He could go professional. I am but a mere amateur compared to him.

And.. those strawberries were screaming for pound cake so there is one in the oven right now. I think I can pass on the cake. I just need to get those fresh strawberries away from me.
... However, I managed to pour the chocolate chips into the storage jar without wanting to eat one. That is huge for me. Tiny victories.
roll.png

I will be better tomorrow. I have everything prepped and ready to go, so It will just as easy to juice than to pour coffee.

I did really well yesterday. I did eat the last apple instead of juicing it. But no caffeine coffee or tea. (whopper of a headache today.)
We watched food matters on netflix last night. It just reinforced what i need to do to get healthy, so no coffee. More water and more vitamins.

I did really well yesterday. I did eat the last apple instead of juicing it. But no caffeine coffee or tea. (whopper of a headache today.)
We watched food matters on netflix last night.  It just reinforced what i need to do to get healthy, so no coffee. More water and more vitamins.

:thumbsup

Excellent job!!!

I saw Food Matters before and I enjoyed it.

Keep up the great work!

We watched food matters on netflix last night. It just reinforced what i need to do to get healthy, so no coffee. More water and more vitamins.
thumbsup.gif

Top Delicious Green Juice Recipes:

Perfect Morning Essential: 4-6 Carrots, 4 stalks of Celery, 1 Lemon , 1 Macintosh or Yellow Apple

Hot Afternoon Boost: Up 4-6 Carrots, 4-6 stalks Celery, 1/2 bunch Cilantro, 2 Roma Tomatoes, 1 Lemon

Power After-Workout Drink: 1/2 Romaine lettuce, 3-4 leaves of Kale, 3-4 Carrots, 1/2 bunch Carrot top, 1 Apple, 1 Lime

Serious Detox: 1/2 sour green Apple, 1 Lime, 1 large Beet, 3-4 leaves Beet tops, 3-4 Carrots, 3-4 Celery stalks, small piece of Ginger

Excellent Craving Response: 3-4 large leaves of Kale, 1 whole stalk of Leek, 1 Lime, 1 large Tomato, 1/2 bunch Cilantro, 3-4 Carrots, small piece of Ginger

Delightful Green Snack: 1/2 of red Cabbage, 3-4 stalks of Celery, 4-5 leaves of Kale, 1 Lemon, 1 Lime, 1 Apple, small piece of fresh Ginger

Sweet Filling Delight: 3 cups fresh baby Spinach, 1 Lime, 1 large Tomato, 2-3 Carrots and 1/2 Carrot top bunch, 1/2 bunch Parsley, 1 stalk Celery

Quick Cleansing Drink: 2-3 Carrots, 4 Cucumbers, small piece of fresh Ginger, 1 Lemon, 1 whole Beet

Variety Vitamin Drink: 1 Lemon, 2 cups of Alfa Alfa Sprouts, small piece of fresh Ginger, 2 Carrots, 3 Cucumbers, 1/2 bunch Parsley

Exquisite Green Goodness: 3-4 leaves of Kale, 5 large Romaine Lettuce leaves, 1 Beet, 1/2 bunch of Cilantro, 1 Lime, 2 cups fresh Spinach, 1/2 Apple

Note 1: These recipes make roughly 24-28 oz. This depends the efficiency of your masticating juicer works dryness of the pulp.

Note 2: Leeks and Cabbage are challenging on some juicers so check your juicer’s instructions.

Note 3: You may taste some bitterness in these juices. If you do, add an Apple or a Tomato for taste.
Yummy Fruit Juice Recipes:
Please be ware of the sugar intake with fructose in fruit juices. In general, try to limit your fruit juices to 1-2 cups a day.

Refreshment in a Cup: 1 whole Cantaloupe, Frozen Trader Joe’s Strawberries – My favorite!

Sweet & Tart: 1 Orange, 1 Grapefruit, 1 Macintosh Apple, 1 Lemon

Citrus Essential: 2 Oranges, 1 Macintosh Apple, 1 Lemon

For the Love of Watermelon: An entire watermelon, all by itself, not mixed with anything else – Excellent for hot summer days!

Always peel your oranges, tangerines, and grapefruits before juicing. You do not need to peel limes or lemons. They add a mildly bitter taste to the juice unpeeled.

Mean Green Juice (original)
This is the official recipe used by Joe Cross and Phil Staples according to the Reboot Program.
6 Kale Leaves
1 Cucumber
4 Celery Stalks
2 Green Apples
1/2 Lemon
1 piece of ginger

Mean Green Juice #2
handful spinach
3 stalks of kale
2 golden delicious apples
small handful parsley
1 lemon
1 cucumber

Mean Green Juice #3
2 stalks celery
1/2 cucumber
1/2 apple
1/2 lemon
small piece ginger
1/2 green chard leaf
bunch cilantro
5 kale leaves
handful spinach

Mean Green Juice #4
1/2 pear
1/2 green apple
handful spinach
handful parsley
2 celery stalks
1/2 cucumber
small piece ginger
slice of papaya

NOTES FOR MAKING JUICE
peel or slice off lemon rind leaving some of the white pith
to juice small leaves such as parsley and cilantro, roll them up into a ball to compact the leaves
wash all vegetables and fruits before making juice
buy organic if possible
This is a great list.. thanks for gathering all this..
Debra

Back
Top Bottom