Juice cleanse

I am still alive and juicing. I do cheat and eat the last apple. I can not do hungry and headache.
Although, today I feel pretty good. The eyes still do not focus, but the headache has improved. Today is day five for me. I think I am over the worst of it.

I have decided, like country girl mentioned in one of her posts, The things I like in solid form are not as yummy in juice form. I am now juicing the kale by itself and knocking it back with the idea that it is medicine, then I wash it down with the carrot and apple. No need making the good stuff taste bad.

I try do drink a liter of water first thing, but that fills me up and I am missing a juicing.
I was watching another program -with the same players as the other two (but I can't remember the name) and they said the best way to stop eating the bad stuff isn't to replace it, or tell yourself that you can't have it, but by inserting the good stuff between it, and then eventually the good stuff will take over your need for bad stuff. It makes sense. I never really ate the bad stuff, but I never really paid enough attention to the viability of the good stuff. Enzymes are short lived items. Short shelf life. I am more aware of that now.

I was wondering though, I am consuming no fats, do I still need oils? Olive or coconut? or do I need to stay away for five more days? They mention seeds and nuts, but that is post juicing, right? What do I do until then?

Day ten. I lost twelve pounds. That is unbelievable.-and it can not be water weight because I did not give up salt or water. I consumed plenty of that.

usually when I lose ten pounds with exercise and cutting back, I get really sick.
I feel good. I am still tired, but not flat out exhausted, so for me this is all really good medicine. I don't hurt everywhere all the time anymore either.

I think I have further to go than most of you so I have not gotten that burst of energy, but this slow acceleration of energy is just fine.

I plan to do another 20 days. The full 30 days just does not seem that impossible anymore. Also the cravings for things I knew I did not want -but ate anyway- are gone.

Parsnip, beet, apple, and carrot is very good by the way.
big_smile.png

Day ten. I lost twelve pounds. That is unbelievable.-and it can not be water weight because I did not give up salt or water. I consumed plenty of that. usually when I lose ten pounds with exercise and cutting back, I get really sick. I feel good. I am still tired, but not flat out exhausted, so for me this is all really good medicine. I don't hurt everywhere all the time anymore either. I think I have further to go than most of you so I have not gotten that burst of energy, but this slow acceleration of energy is just fine. I plan to do another 20 days. The full 30 days just does not seem that impossible anymore. Also the cravings for things I knew I did not want -but ate anyway- are gone. Parsnip, beet, apple, and carrot is very good by the way.
big_smile.png
GOOD JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup That is great news!! We are proud of you. Keep up the great work. !!!!!!!!! :weee

I am sure this question has been asked and answered in this but I am not sure I am up for wading through all the posts.
I saw the ninja food processor brags that it blends and juices.
Does anyone know how well it does all these things?
I am considering getting a juicer but I want a really good one. One that is easy to use and clean, compact, versatile, sturdy, and gets all the juice out while saving the dry pulp, so I can freeze it and use it in cooking for the added fiber.

If the ninja does the jobs well I may buy it instead of cluttering my counter with different items that can be done with one good system.

I have gone through several pages of this thread. I want to try juicing but I do not think I want to do a full juice cleanse. Does anyone combine juicing with healthy meals? I do not want to give up the fiber that is essential for good bowel health like my morning oatmeal that I sweeten with chopped fruit. I have a lot of frozen veggies, do they juice well? Does the juice freeze well if I make it in bulk?
I was recently diagnosed with a mild heart and thyroid problem and I want to take any diet change slowly. Especially since the thyroid issue has made loosing weight difficult, even with a healthy diet.

The extreme part is short term, 3, 10, 30 days, whatever you choose. To clean out your system of all the crap that's in it from processed foods, if you have been eating poorly.

After that, you go to a whole food diet, as in unprocessed. If you can hold to the juice diet, you'll have the resolve to hold to a regular healthy diet.

Staying away from the processed foods and cleaning out your system (fat cells included, they store more than just fat, the chemicals are in there too)

People with some serious weight and on medications need to be careful, rapid weight loss will release stored medication and can actually cause issues from an excess of it being released from the areas it was stored in. So if anyone wants to do it but has existing medical problems, you do need the supervision of your doctor.

Husband and I don't have any medical issues that require care... I was dealing with chronic fatigue and lack of energy... from eating poorly. I eliminated soda several years ago so I didn't have to go through that withdrawal.

All you need to do is read the label on foods. As in the ingredients. When on the front it says "No trans fats"... that's the least of it. How many preservatives and other additives are in it? How processed is it? Every process a food goes through removes nutrients in it. The purpose of the juicing is to put those nutrients back, and quickly.

Look at the pile of veggies it takes to make a juice. You can't eat all that in one sitting, and most people can't fathom eating it raw, unbuttered, unsalted, ect. Granted you still aren't getting all the nutrients from each individual veggie because you are not eating all of it, but the juice is concentrating the most important bits into a quantity you wouldn't be able to obtain by eating the whole thing.

At least I don't know anyone who'll eat 4 apples, a lemon, 4 celery stalks, a handful of kale, a cucumber, and a knob of ginger in one sitting, 6 times a day.

Another issue is the tastebuds. How you taste and what you find appealing... cheese sticks or brocoli? Carrot juice or coke? Taking 10 days on the juice completely changes the way you taste things, and makes it easier to eat healthy after that. You'll be able to taste the chemicals and syrup in soda instead of the pleasing taste you enjoyed before... more likely it'll taste like poison. I tried to have a sprite over the holiday... tasted like syrup and it's not even a dark soda.

My husband can't stand the taste of celery, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, carrots, beats... just won't eat it. Hide it in juice... he can't taste it and can now "eat" it. He also has a cheese addiction. LOL... that's still a work in progress.

How we eat now... nothing processed besides the cheese he won't totally let go. The ingredients for dinner here now is... brown rice, wild rice, red pepper, green pepper, sweet onion, garlic, tomato, basil, cilantro, sea salt, olive oil. Compared to the ingredients of Rice-a-Roni... major improvement.

I grew up eating organic/natural foods and juices... wasn't until I was out on my own and eating on my own that I screwed it up, started feeling bad, gaining weight... now I'm circling around back to it.

Starting to feel like I used to... this last week I have been naturally sleepy at 11, and bouncing out of bed at 7am all on my own. I haven't been a morning person in awhile!

Before I had to use sleep aids, and it was a chore to crawl out of bed at 9am.
Thanks for this. I am on a lot of medicines. I certainly want to start this slowly.

Back
Top Bottom