July Hatch-a-long

Okie dokie! We had 6 hatchlings!!! The first was the Silkie/Sizzle who ended up with the name "Spock" (my son's a Trekkie), "Splat" - buff orpington that looks like a big SPLAT when he lays down, Blossom & Ranger (oldest son is a military fan) the other 2 buff orps, then 2 somethings that I have NO clue ... they are tiny, black & yellow with super furry feet, one has 5 toes - those two are Zuko and NotYetNamed - hubby's choice. The procrastinator.
wink.png

clockwise from left - Zuko, NYN, Ranger, Spock, Splat, Blossom :)

Splat ... he's as big as my 2 week old silkie, Ava.

Spock starting to fluff.

top to bottom: Blossom, Ranger, Splat's butt & NotYetNamed

Rough day :)

Ranger after he had a bath. Someone couldn't hold it til he hatched, so he made a BIG mess in his shell!

Zuko had to be helped. Even though the humidity READ 70%, apparently it was only about 50% ... I smashed the hydrogemeter with a hammer. And Zuko was READY to be born! As soon as I had his head clear, he popped right out!
ya.gif

Okie dokie! We had 6 hatchlings!!! The first was the Silkie/Sizzle who ended up with the name "Spock" (my son's a Trekkie), "Splat" - buff orpington that looks like a big SPLAT when he lays down, Blossom & Ranger (oldest son is a military fan) the other 2 buff orps, then 2 somethings that I have NO clue ... they are tiny, black & yellow with super furry feet, one has 5 toes - those two are Zuko and NotYetNamed - hubby's choice. The procrastinator.
wink.png
clockwise from left - Zuko, NYN, Ranger, Spock, Splat, Blossom :) Splat ... he's as big as my 2 week old silkie, Ava. Spock starting to fluff. top to bottom: Blossom, Ranger, Splat's butt & NotYetNamed Rough day :) Ranger after he had a bath. Someone couldn't hold it til he hatched, so he made a BIG mess in his shell! Zuko had to be helped. Even though the humidity READ 70%, apparently it was only about 50% ... I smashed the hydrogemeter with a hammer. And Zuko was READY to be born! As soon as I had his head clear, he popped right out!
ya.gif
Oh.... I LOVE it!!! Baby chicks are sooooo super sweet!!

Babies hatched yesterday! A day early
smile.png
with my broody silkie momma..she hatched 3 lavender orpingtons and 1 black lavender split. Momma hen is doing awesome.

wonderful news.................
thumbsup.gif

I posted a couple of pics of my 1/2 English girls under breeds, the pic's of Orps.

Nugget #2 hatched, 3rd has pipped. Let's see if I can attach the image... It is another RIR x Marans. #3 will be a black sex link. This will be interesting...

wink.png

clockwise from left - Zuko, NYN, Ranger, Spock, Splat, Blossom :)

Splat ... he's as big as my 2 week old silkie, Ava.

Spock starting to fluff.

top to bottom: Blossom, Ranger, Splat's butt & NotYetNamed

Rough day :)

Ranger after he had a bath. Someone couldn't hold it til he hatched, so he made a BIG mess in his shell!

Zuko had to be helped. Even though the humidity READ 70%, apparently it was only about 50% ... I smashed the hydrogemeter with a hammer. And Zuko was READY to be born! As soon as I had his head clear, he popped right out!
ya.gif

Spock looks like a Tribble in picture #3!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom