June 2015 Hatch A Long HAL

@pyxis ...one pip on the Cemani. One pip on the silkie and the lil one I stuck under my broody @ lockdown hatched...

After this wave I have lavender Americauna eggs and another go on the call ducks!

Then I need to cool the incubator so I can move next month...

@pyxis ...one pip on the Cemani. One pip on the silkie and the lil one I stuck under my broody @ lockdown hatched...

After this wave I have lavender Americauna eggs and another go on the call ducks!

Then I need to cool the incubator so I can move next month...

Are you moving? I hope somewhere were you can have chickens, lol! I hope the new place has a barn as nice as the one you have now.

Well, I figured out that the motor on the turner was making my hovabator so hot! I've pulled, weighed, and marked air cells on all the eggs and they are sitting in modified egg cartons in the second incubator waiting to hatch! I went ahead and locked them down since they were fully developed and the temps were too hot for quite a while. Does anyone this locking down a day early will hurt them?

Well, I figured out that the motor on the turner was making my hovabator so hot! I've pulled, weighed, and marked air cells on all the eggs and they are sitting in modified egg cartons in the second incubator waiting to hatch! I went ahead and locked them down since they were fully developed and the temps were too hot for quite a while. Does anyone this locking down a day early will hurt them?

I think you can lock them down upto a week early.

Are you moving? I hope somewhere were you can have chickens, lol! I hope the new place has a barn as nice as the one you have now.

...only three doors down. No barn. We are finishing a 10x20 coop right now to drag down the road. However, my barn is a separate parcel.

Up to two cemani pips...woot woot! I hope to get at least 3. It was hot at Chickenstock when they were hanging out in The shade.

& about the early lockdown question...I have mis counted and locked down early and they hatch. Hopefully you will have a great hatch!!!

Well,all the chicks died, not sure if they drowned or twas the high or low temp... Too many variables. Anyway I still have my 10 chicks nearly all feathered now and I put 6 more eggs 4 EE & 2 Delawares on lockdown today. I'll be getting more delaware eggs from same person and hopefully no emergencies will take me away from home this time. Looking forward to a July hatch along

Thanks Purpletie3 aND Cppeace, I've got another batch shipping tomorrow to try again. Learned a few lessons and tips along the way. There's such a demand in my area for olive Eggers I just want to have enough to keep a few and sell a few and break even $ if I'm lucky. Hatching is pretty cool, I'm hooked I think!

Well,all the chicks died, not sure if they drowned or twas the high or low temp... Too many variables. Anyway I still have my 10 chicks nearly all feathered now and I put 6 more eggs 4 EE & 2 Delawares on lockdown today. I'll be getting more delaware eggs from same person and hopefully no emergencies will take me away from home this time. Looking forward to a July hatch along

Sorry...I hope the next ones come out well for you!!!

Thanks Purpletie3 aND Cppeace, I've got another batch shipping tomorrow to try again. Learned a few lessons and tips along the way. There's such a demand in my area for olive Eggers I just want to have enough to keep a few and sell a few and break even $ if I'm lucky. Hatching is pretty cool, I'm hooked I think![/quote
I am loving the hatching too!!!!! :) love olive eggers! Good luck with these!

Back
Top Bottom