June 2016 Chicken Show

Poe my Australorp

Scratch my Silkie

Sunny my Plymouth Bared Rock

Name: Cherry Bomb
Breed: Rhode Island Red (Hatchery Quality)
Cherry Bomb is one of our more skittish birds, but is very drama free and isn't one to argue over the nest boxes. I don't give her much "BYC attention", so I thought I'd enter her. :)

Name: Puffy
Breed: ISA Brown
Puffy is one of the four original hens we have. She used to be the "boss hen", but when we got our EE's they took over. With aging and being knocked down from "top hen" position, Puffy has really mellowed out and is a sweetheart. She is often mistaken for a rooster! :lol:

Name: Moo Cow
Breed: Buff Orpington
Moo Cow is super sweet and my favorite chicken. She has a gimpy foot (which you might be able to see in the picture) and when she was a chick almost died. With all the house visits because of her gimpy foot, Moo Cow is super calm and loves to be held! She is at the way bottom of the pecking order, so she sleeps on the bottom roosting pole which is why she has poop on her. (She gets baths often because of this! ;) )

*Click on pics to enlarge and make clearer :) *

Edit: To add info I forgot to put.

Last edited:
Thank you both for entering!

Henny, I love the name Moo Cow!

Thanks! We were supposed to be getting a Light Brahma instead, which are black and white and we were going to name it Moo Cow, but when we didn't get the Light Brahma I still liked the name Moo Cow so we gave her that name. :) I'm glad we got her instead of a Light Brahma though, she's so sweet! :)

This is Elijah. He's my daughter's speckled sussex bantam. (I think that's what he is, he was from a bantam assortment.) He is so darn cute. He is very polite. He comes up to me and politely 'asks' for treats.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom