Mar 16, 2014
South Carolina
My Coop
My Coop
Didn't see one
Thought with all the folks near me hatching soon, needed to be one thread
1f601.png

We've got 30 in the incubator EE and Lavender Orpington
We've got at least 24 in coops under 2 broodys.
And we've already got a buyer for entire hatch.
Minus lavenders, we weren't going to have another hatch this summer but I think one more will be cool
1f60e.png

I am setting 7 eggs in the incubator today, and giving a broody the remaining 11. I also have a broody with 8 Wheaten Marans due to hatch Monday, and another broody with 7 Wheaten Amercaucanas due to hatch the 15th. This is my first time hatching in an incubator, so I'm excited and scared!

I have five sebright japanese bantam mixes and two white japanese bantam eggs under my old english game bantam, due to hatch 6/9.

In the incubators I have 18 guineas and 4 standard (some mix of BR x BR, RIR, or Ameraucana) due 6/13; 21 guineas due 6/23; 17 guineas due 6/26; 10 guineas due 6/30; 18 guineas due 7/2. The 6/23,6/26, and 6/30 eggs have low expected hatch rates as it was a nest that I found that was overflowing with eggs. I threw them all in since I didn't know which had been in there for over a month and which were fresh. I actually just cleared out 21 of them today. Expected, but still disappointing! My second, temporary incubator is a cheap LG styrofoam and its giving me a hard time. I'm hoping my eggs don't get ruined before my new incubator arrives!

Got 3 eggs in the bator due the 15th, and 2 under broodies due tomorrow. 18 eggs coming sometime in the near future... Yeah, I have a problem. :lau
-Banti

I candled yesterday and have 9 left with 10 days left on the hatch. Should be a leghorn/barred rock mix but we shall see the eggs came from my mom's house :)

I dreamed last night my chicks hatched early (they are bantams, after all) and I went out and there were poor cold sad chicks scattered all over the coop. I guess I have chicks on the brain!

Incubators were half price at the store this morning so mine is currently being set up to put more eggs into. I have only hatched one set so far but this is addicting. :D

Back
Top Bottom