JUNE HAL

I put in 37 (Knowing that quite a few would be infirtile because the hens had only been in with the rooster for less than a week) so I ended up with 22 as 12 were infertile and 3 were early death.

It's going fantastically!
That is pretty good!

3 of my 19 eggs have pipped.
wee.gif
Now they just need to hatch!
fl.gif
Isn't it so hard to wait?

13 chicks! They all popped out while I got a few hours sleep. 9 left to go! Half are pipping and the other half still need more time. One I think is dead. May have died a day or two ago. But Im so happy!!!
Awwwwww
love.gif

My favorite EE's baby! The mom (My favorite and only EE) died on day 20 of incubation from sour crop. This little thing is her legacy!

We hatched 24/30
All blue eggs hatched blue babies.
We sold all but 6 at the poultry event.
Ended up with 15 from the lavender orp mixed hatching lost the little other broody to a snake.
So we have lots of babies.

My boss wanted me to hatch a doz from his very large egg layers.
So we threw in another doz as well
Due in July

My chicks have finally started to hatch out and I have about 6 of them so far. But one of the chicks is on its back, and can not seem to get rolled over. I have not opened the incubator, as I still have others that need to hatch. But I am very concerned for this chick and do not know what I should do for it. Anyone ever had this happen, should I open it as fast as I can to get the chick rolled over off of it's back? Thanks

My favorite EE's baby! The mom (My favorite and only EE) died on day 20 of incubation from sour crop. This little thing is her legacy!
Awww so cute! I'm glad you have one of the mom's babies, at least! Sorry you lost her.
hugs.gif

My chicks have finally started to hatch out and I have about 6 of them so far. But one of the chicks is on its back, and can not seem to get rolled over. I have not opened the incubator, as I still have others that need to hatch. But I am very concerned for this chick and do not know what I should do for it. Anyone ever had this happen, should I open it as fast as I can to get the chick rolled over off of it's back? Thanks
If some have pipped but not hatched, opening the bator might shrink wrap them ...... I'm not sure on this one.
hmm.png
If you do end up opening the bator, watch the others to make sure they still hatch.

Just feather sexed the chicks that are 24hours old! It seems only 2/18 are male!!!! Could this hatch get any better?!
woot.gif
Awesome!

Back
Top Bottom