JUNE HAL

Our 20 babies that hatched unassisted!

These are all a barnyard mix from 5 different roosters and 25 variety hens! Any guesses on what breeds or mixtures they may be?? We are so excited!
My other two "assisted" chicks are drying off and quite active in the incubator!

This one ^^ was the sticky chick with the zipped shell and dried yolk.

This one ^^ was the one with the pip that needed a bit of help.

They look like they're thriving right now!

Love seeing all the fuzzy little chicks.

Ours eggs are on Day 11, we candled 6 of the 12 last night and saw 1 clear, 1 blood ring, and 4 squirmy little chicks.

PeepsForUs, your little 'chipmunk' chicks look just like my dark brahmas when they hatch. Though there could be another breed that produces those striped chicks, I'm definitely no expert
263a.png

Well. No more hatched from my batch. Mr.Active is doing great. There was a local lady selling chicks, so I got three from her so Active isn't alone. Got two speckled sussex and one white crested black Polish. The flock is shaping up nicely. The three new chicks are normal (lol) and sleep all the time - with Active stepping all over them. Active still doesn't sleep much.

2/3 eggs hatched!

Oh, Banti, how cute!
love.gif

Our 20 babies that hatched unassisted!

These are all a barnyard mix from 5 different roosters and 25 variety hens! Any guesses on what breeds or mixtures they may be?? We are so excited!
My other two "assisted" chicks are drying off and quite active in the incubator!

This one ^^ was the sticky chick with the zipped shell and dried yolk.

This one ^^ was the one with the pip that needed a bit of help.

They look like they're thriving right now!
I have no clue as to breeds, but they're adorable, whatever they are!

Love seeing all the fuzzy little chicks.

Ours eggs are on Day 11, we candled 6 of the 12 last night and saw 1 clear, 1 blood ring, and 4 squirmy little chicks.

PeepsForUs, your little 'chipmunk' chicks look just like my dark brahmas when they hatch. Though there could be another breed that produces those striped chicks, I'm definitely no expert
263a.png
fl.gif
Hope you get a good hatch! Sounds good so far!

Well. No more hatched from my batch. Mr.Active is doing great. There was a local lady selling chicks, so I got three from her so Active isn't alone. Got two speckled sussex and one white crested black Polish. The flock is shaping up nicely. The three new chicks are normal (lol) and sleep all the time - with Active stepping all over them. Active still doesn't sleep much.

Sorry the others didn't hatch.
sad.png
The new chicks are cute! I'm glad Mr. Active is doing well!

I HEAR PEEPING!!!

I'm so excited! I'm just staring at the bator waiting for something to happen! They are peeping and wiggling around in their eggs!!! AHHHH!!!!

I HEAR PEEPING!!!

I'm so excited! I'm just staring at the bator waiting for something to happen! They are peeping and wiggling around in their eggs!!! AHHHH!!!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
You got me all excited, too!
woot.gif
ya.gif
Go chickies!

I forgot to say that mine hatched! Well, four out of ten ..... but four is better than nothing! I love them!
love.gif

Daisy

no name yet .....

Olivia

Sally Ann

First chick!!! Buff Orpington baby. Had to create a barrier out of a towel roll to keep this little thing from crawling all over the other eggs!

Also we have another that is almost completely zipped!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom