Just curious who else is living super frugal

I'm sure they will make it right!
RE Stark.

Have mixed reviews of the packing quality. I already reported on the first shipment-- did not receive the replacement tree.

Had hoped it would be in the next shipment. NOpe. CHecked inventory of two boxes. Not included. But received duplicates of trees in that order. ANd one box AGAIN lacking proper moist packing to keep roots in great condition. The second box had far more packing material and was in great condition.

We spend a great deal of effort to get these in the ground. Big holes, amended with compost, well water. Two people to get the planting done.Support posts. Deer control.

Looks like this thread kinda died.... Shame.

I'm still living here frugal :p

Maybe we can give it a kickstart?

I have a frugal question that people here might know the answer to.
I am sick of buying spice-mixes. 'chicken-spices' 'meatspices' 'fishspices' 'Mexicans spices' 'Texan spices' etc. It clutters. It is way cheaper to make your own. I calculated that I need 36 spices to make any spice-mix in the world ever. And that it will be cheaper. I;m making a book for my self now how many theespoons of whatever spice you need to make a mix.
Problem; I want it real. If I search in Dutch what a 'tex-mex' spice mix is; I get a whole different answer then when I search it in English. The same for Greek. What we think that 'Greek' is, is not what is used in Greece. The same for 'provence mix'. In a real provence mix, I read because I know French, needs to be lavender in it. Since Lavender grows bad over here in Dutch versions a 'provence mix' is without lavender. It changes the taste. The lavender is what makes it 'provence'. Greece, Turkish, Hungarian, Mexican, Creolan, Indonesian; ALL the peppers used we change in the more available, but not the same, bell-pepper powder.
Anyway, I would like to know what tex-mex is from people who actually live 'there'. And sorts.

Question b;
Do you do these kind of things? I think I am quite stubborn and put a lot of time in stuff that eventually pay out in the long run.

Bought paint and matching pillow cases, comforter and plant pots at the thrift store to redecorate my living room-- adding a touch of robin egg blus -green. Cheap and cheery.
=
This thread goes quiet but never dies.

loopeend- start simple and allow a couple years to accomplish this. I loo at the ingredients on the mix, and use the same items from my supply. Start with your favorites, or those used often. I like making my own as it eliminates any sugar, and the anti caking agents, etc.

I buy my most commonly used spices in bulk.

Be patient. And I keep herbs bought fresh in the freezer. Also ginger. ANd chives. I use chives and scallions interchangeably, as I grow chives, and sometimes scallions.

Back
Top Bottom