Just curious who else is living super frugal

Picked this up this weekend.

I went to the local Dollar General store. I always go the clearance rack when I go to these stores to see what's on clearance. Well, I saw a jar of apricot preserves with the usual orange price tag on it but there was a black line through it and all I could see was the dollar sign and the number 1. So, that peeked my interest because now I was curious to see how much it actually costs because that black mark indicated to me that the price was going to be less and $1.00. So, I took 1 jar to the cash register and I asked the cashier if he could scan it for me. So, he scans it on one of his electronic devices. I then see his facial reaction and it was weird. So, he scanned it again. I got another weird look. So, then he scans it on the cash register. And this is what I heard next, "Ma'am, this is scanning for $0.01". I was like, "HUH"? So, he repeated the price of $0.01 again. So, I politely went back to the shelf and got the rest of them (the other 7 making a total of 8) and bought them. So, I purchased 8 jars of apricot preserves (not expired either) for $0.08.

So, then I get to thinking. Well if they are on sale for $0.01 at this store, I wonder if the other stores have them for that same price. Well, to make a long story short, the other stores did have them for that same price. So, I ended my Dollar General shopping spree by purchasing 18 jars of apricot preserves for a whopping $0.18. I was so proud of my little self. Now, I have to find out who eats apricot preserves, so that I can give them away. :oops:

I had already given 1 to my neighbor when I took this pic.

Hope that you can see the receipts.

I went to the local Dollar General store. I always go the clearance rack when I go to these stores to see what's on clearance. Well, I saw a jar of apricot preserves with the usual orange price tag on it but there was a black line through it and all I could see was the dollar sign and the number 1. So, that peeked my interest because now I was curious to see how much it actually costs because that black mark indicated to me that the price was going to be less and $1.00. So, I took 1 jar to the cash register and I asked the cashier if he could scan it for me. So, he scans it on one of his electronic devices. I then see his facial reaction and it was weird. So, he scanned it again. I got another weird look. So, then he scans it on the cash register. And this is what I heard next, "Ma'am, this is scanning for $0.01". I was like, "HUH"? So, he repeated the price of $0.01 again. So, I politely went back to the shelf and got the rest of them (the other 7 making a total of 8) and bought them. So, I purchased 8 jars of apricot preserves (not expired either) for $0.08.

So, then I get to thinking. Well if they are on sale for $0.01 at this store, I wonder if the other stores have them for that same price. Well, to make a long story short, the other stores did have them for that same price. So, I ended my Dollar General shopping spree by purchasing 18 jars of apricot preserves for a whopping $0.18. I was so proud of my little self. Now, I have to find out who eats apricot preserves, so that I can give them away.
hide.gif

way to go!! they will be great at Christmas time when you make cookies!!

So, then I get to thinking. Well if they are on sale for $0.01 at this store, I wonder if the other stores have them for that same price. Well, to make a long story short, the other stores did have them for that same price. So, I ended my Dollar General shopping spree by purchasing 18 jars of apricot preserves for a whopping $0.18. I was so proud of my little self. Now, I have to find out who eats apricot preserves, so that I can give them away.
hide.gif

You really hit the jackpot there! Apricot preserves are great to eat and when they are all gobbled up, you can use the jars to keep sorted sized screw, nuts, etc.
All that pleasure and utility for just $.01 each ….. Gees, some people!

I didn't want to quit, I put up with A LOT before finally walking out after we caught the owner hacking into our private FB accounts. There was A LOT wrong with that place but that pushed me. I may have been able to get at least discrimination charges on him (I'm disabled and was treated like dirt) but no unemployment since I quit. The reason I didn't press charges is because I truly believe his company is running on borrowed money....wouldn't have been worth my time. This decision was discussed with ppl far smarted than myself...not blindly.

For anyone with a good internet connection that wants to work online, this is a legit company that pays by the hour:

leapforce

They don't hire in every state or country, and you have to pass three exams to get hired, but it works for a lot of people that want to work a few hours here and there.

.....just seems to fit in with the frugal group since it's nuthin' you're gonna get rich on, but it does help pay the bills.

I think you also have to have a reasonably update version of windows and be using a PC

Hello everyone!

I came across this thread and thought it was interesting. I strive to be pretty frugal (always looking for bargains and coupon clipping and whatnot). Though there are certain things I do like to splurge on. Anyway, I wanted to say hi to everyone!!!!

I'm a stay at home mom & Army wife from Fort Bragg, NC.
I'm trying to make us be as sustainable as possible, raising our own meat & veggies and whatnot.
Difficult living in the city limits on 1/3 of an acre, but I make it work!

Hello everyone!

I came across this thread and thought it was interesting. I strive to be pretty frugal (always looking for bargains and coupon clipping and whatnot). Though there are certain things I do like to splurge on. Anyway, I wanted to say hi to everyone!!!!

I'm a stay at home mom & Army wife from Fort Bragg, NC.
I'm trying to make us be as sustainable as possible, raising our own meat & veggies and whatnot.
Difficult living in the city limits on 1/3 of an acre, but I make it work!
I think a small plot of land is better than larger acreage. I have 113 acres and less than one of them is developed. The rest is left as grazing for horses I have from a previous life. It is amazing how much produce you can grow from a small garden, and think of the convenience of having it near where you live. There are many advantages to managing a small garden.
I am just a flyspeck compared to some of my neighbors – their property involves something like 15000 acres! How one family manages something like that is beyond me – they don’t, as it takes an army of people to manage acreage like that; so they don’t manage the land so much as they manage an army!

Haha WOW that's a lot of land!
We were thinking more like 3-5 acres haha
Sometimes I think I want to leave everything and just move out west to like Montana or Wyoming and live off the grid.
Then I start panicking of being in the middle of nowhere, I've always been on the east coast near big cities.

But our goal is when my husband gets out of the Army (in 13 more years!!!) we want to buy a little 3-5 acre farm not too far from the beach down here in the Carolina's.

Don't you love it when you happen upon these deals? I have never been fortunate enough to find things there for a penny but have found things for as low as a dime when our local Dollar General has a 50-75 percent sale off their Clearance items. We must always be on the look out...

So, then I get to thinking. Well if they are on sale for $0.01 at this store, I wonder if the other stores have them for that same price. Well, to make a long story short, the other stores did have them for that same price. So, I ended my Dollar General shopping spree by purchasing 18 jars of apricot preserves for a whopping $0.18. I was so proud of my little self. Now, I have to find out who eats apricot preserves, so that I can give them away. :oops:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom