Just curious? Who names all their chickens and who doesn't?

With about 70 chickens, more or less, it changes all the time - About half of them have names. The other half are not named because A) they're chicks or B) I've not come up with a fitting name yet. Almost all of my Araucanas, who are over a year old now, still do not have names
hide.gif

Quote:
Welcome! Great place this, lots of good advice.
thumbsup.gif

We just got our girls and named them all too.
China Girl
FiFi
Fran
Blanch
Cha-Cha
Buffy
Lana
Lulu

I guess I wouldn't if it was a large flock but having just a few chickens seems to be begging for names.
big_smile.png

I started naming them. BUT! I only have a name for 5 chicks now.

I started off with 3 partridge rocks. The next week I got 13 more. Of the original 3 that I'd named, I can tell them apart because one is always the first to me, whenever I am around (Maxine). The next chicken to me is Fredeica. The other original partridge rock is Josephine, who will come near but not let me pick her up. I can tell them apart bc they are all bigger and slightly more feathered than the others. The smallest partridge rock from the second batch is called Mini. Mini is like Maxi and will jump on my lap. There is one other partridge rock who I call Meat Head because "he" looks very muscley, and its body style is very different than the other sexed chicks of ita breed. Perhaps it's a roo, or it's some other genetic thing going on. I guess time will tell.

Other than those 5- their feathers all change patterns so fast I can't tell them apart. I figure that I will name them when they are fully feathered and grow into their personalities. Or not. I really like not having to do the whole "Waltons goodnight" thing with the names when I walk into the coop. However, I really need to have a hen named Camilla. Just because. I have a lot of aunts, maybe I will name the rest of the chickens after them. They'd be flattered.
big_smile.png

I have names for most of my chickens
tongue.png
Rudy the Rooster, Laverne and Shirley, Lucy, Myrtel, Ethel, Goldie Hahn and Dusty to name a few! The others either look to much alike to tell them apart or they are new to the coop and I haven't gotten to know them well enough to name them yet.

Of course we name them! We usually name them when they're young and do transgender names (just in case xD) Although the names may change once we're sure if it's a hen or not. Usually though that never happens!
I haven't named our BL Polish yet nor the GL Polish xD

Honey
Popcorn
Salt
Pepper
Little Oreo
Bubba

Quote:
Not only did we name every one of them, but each has a personalized jacket (apron) with their name and leg band number embroidered on it.
Some names:
Dianki
Blanche
Peacock ( of course her's is the most colerful jacket)
Kali
Puhi
Buttercup
Clara-Clara Cluck ( one of the Cluck Sisters) and yes that's all spelled out
Pretty Boy
Elvis
Lacy
Russle
Babe
Lola
Zena
Neesy