Just In Time Hatching Egg AUCTION and BIN Thread

While it may seem extreme, it also helps ensure that both buyers and sellers are part of the BYC community since this isn't primarily a sales venue.

X2 It's intended as a measure of protection for both buyers and sellers - sellers know that someone who is buying from them is trustworthy and not likely to flake on the sale, and buyers know that the seller is legitimate and in good standing and they aren't being scammed.

And, there's always this thread for people who don't meet the limits here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/754060/the-new-crazy-24hr-auction-thread

Quote:
I always understood that had to have 20 posts period to purchase...

ETA: nevermind... i read the first post for the thread. Guess I'll be waiting for a few to buy something here ;)

Last edited:
X2 It's intended as a measure of protection for both buyers and sellers - sellers know that someone who is buying from them is trustworthy and not likely to flake on the sale.........

the buyer is trustworthy when they pay regardless of their post count. while i agree it's easy for someone to scam who is on the selling end, it's not so easy to scam when you've paid before they ship, that's just common sense............ even if it's not so common these days.

the buyer is trustworthy when they pay regardless of their post count. while i agree it's easy for someone to scam who is on the selling end, it's not so easy to scam when you've paid before they ship, that's just common sense............ even if it's not so common these days.
True, but eggs are a perishable product. Having eggs go bad if a buyer is a late payer or "no show" hurts the seller.

True, but eggs are a perishable product. Having eggs go bad if a buyer is a late payer or "no show" hurts the seller.
I would think (and hope) most people selling hatching eggs aren't selling what they've already collected but what they are intending to collect in the next few days. with that you do have some cushion room with getting the payment before the chances of stale eggs comes into play.

as for the 'No Show' that's a matter of the persons integrity and that can't be corrected by any measure of post count, those sort of folks are that way and no amount of posting, on any forum, is going to change that about them, the Facebook buy/sell/trade groups show that each and every day.

I'm sorry, but not always true. Shipping hatching eggs is a gamble, and something new hatchers (or even those just new to shipped eggs) often fail to realize. They buy 12+ hatching eggs, shipped through the unreliable and brutally rough USPS, and get mad and sometimes trash the seller because they only had 9 hatch - a number that experienced shipped egg buyers know is a very good hatch rate. Some of them will even make a claim with PayPal to get their money back and PayPal more often than not sides with the buyer. There are even dishonest buyers out there that will hatch the eggs they receive and then claim none were fertile and either want more eggs for free or at a discount, or want their money back.

The time and post count requirements don't guarantee that none of this will take place, but it does make it much more likely that BOTH the buyer and the seller are at least familiar with problems inherent in hatching shipped eggs.

I'm sorry, but not always true. Shipping hatching eggs is a gamble, and something new hatchers (or even those just new to shipped eggs) often fail to realize. They buy 12+ hatching eggs, shipped through the unreliable and brutally rough USPS, and get mad and sometimes trash the seller because they only had 9 hatch - a number that experienced shipped egg buyers know is a very good hatch rate. Some of them will even make a claim with PayPal to get their money back and PayPal more often than not sides with the buyer. There are even dishonest buyers out there that will hatch the eggs they receive and then claim none were fertile and either want more eggs for free or at a discount, or want their money back.

The time and post count requirements don't guarantee that none of this will take place, but it does make it much more likely that BOTH the buyer and the seller are at least familiar with problems inherent in hatching shipped eggs.

so you disagreed with what i said but then turned around and stated the same thing contradicting yourself....... again i say post count will not make a dishonest person into an honest one, that's about as simple as it gets.

Back
Top Bottom