Just rescued some more Battery Hens *pics*

I bet it was. I luckily havent had any with bad nails. But I have had one with no feathers at all! Did I tell yous about the time when I went to get my first ever hens which where ex batts? There was a dying one in the cage and the woman picked it up by its feet and flung it behind her head and when she left, I went over to see it and it was still alive in a pool of blood :(

My faith in people declines every year that I walk this earth. I don't think that lady( for want of a better word ) will make it past the the pearly gates.
1f609.png

clap.gif
Good for you and for the hens!! They actually look much better than the ex-bat White Leghorns we rescued last year. One of ours was almost completely featherless and they all were afraid to go out for some time... and the smell of them... oy... but they recovered beautifully. You are giving some living creatures a better life, that's always worthwhile.

clap.gif
Good for you and for the hens!! They actually look much better than the ex-bat White Leghorns we rescued last year. One of ours was almost completely featherless and they all were afraid to go out for some time... and the smell of them... oy... but they recovered beautifully. You are giving some living creatures a better life, that's always worthwhile.

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH AND I LOVE YOU FOR DOING THIS!!!!!!!!
smile.png
big_smile.png
wee.gif
thumbsup.gif
love.gif
,I really want to do this but I can't find a cage hen egg farm nearby? but i love that you rescued them goodjob!

If you look back through the pages there is someone who is trying to find homes for ex batts in Ohio!

Back
Top Bottom