Kate's Sassy Seramas

Pics
Good luck with the hatch next Friday. I've a serama brooding eggs;  candling showed six of ten eggs developing as of today. I have normal, silkied,  frizzle, and frazzle serama. I like the unusual too. I also have a trio of black tailed Japanese bantams.

Will you be selling eggs next spring? I'm a hatchaholic. lol I have a black tailed buff Jap and he is just a doll. He's just started crowing, and it's hysterical.

We can now officially sell hatching eggs! I have some test run shipments going out, but after that I will be shipping orders! If anyone is interested please let me know! I am going to charge $30 plus shipping for 8+ hatching eggs.

As the weather became colder it became plain that my tribbles feathering did not hold in heat so we brought Trixie and Dixie into the house to wait out the coldest weather. Trixie continued to lay eggs and last week turned broody; while in a 25 gallon plastic tub with a salad bowl for a nest.

This is one of the 14 tribble X frizzle chicks that hatched. While not obvious in the photo the chick is a silkied frizzle. A number of the 14 are silkied frizzle, frizzle, silkied, and smooth. It was quite a surprise to get such a variety. Apparently my frizzle rooster has the recessive silkied gene.

It would also seem that feathering is a multi gene trait; that more than one gene pair is responsible for feather type. That would be the only way that the chicks are frizzle and silkied as both traits had to come from the rooster. I've read the term modifier genes which would be the same thing. Does anyone know if it is positively known that silkied is recessive??

Last edited:

As the weather became colder it became plain that my tribbles feathering did not hold in heat so we brought Trixie and Dixie into the house to wait out the coldest weather. Trixie continued to lay eggs and last week turned broody; while in a 25 gallon plastic tub with a salad bowl for a nest.

This is one of the 14 tribble X frizzle chicks that hatched. While not obvious in the photo the chick is a silkied frizzle. A number of the 14 are silkied frizzle, frizzle, silkied, and smooth. It was quite a surprise to get such a variety. Apparently my frizzle rooster has the recessive silkied gene.

It would also seem that feathering is a multi gene trait; that more than one gene pair is responsible for feather type. That would be the only way that the chicks are frizzle and silkied as both traits had to come from the rooster. I've read the term modifier genes which would be the same thing. Does anyone know if it is positively known that silkied is recessive??

Those chicks look awesome! I have been told that it is recessive since you need 2 copies of that trait to produce the desired look. I would love to see pictures of the chicks you hatched from me!

I'll post some more pictures of the following birds and how they are maturing. If the bird has a K in front of its name it was bred by me.
* Frosty (white frizzle cockerel)
* K Spartan (wheaten smooth cockerel) Rocco X Farrah
* K Snickerdoodle (Almost wheaten smooth pullet) Rocco X Farrah
* K Tofi (Chocolate mottled frizzle pullet) Truffles X Clarice
* K Cinnamon (chocolate mottled smooth pullet) Truffles X Daphne
* K Monkey (brown and black silkie micro pullet) Kingsley X Poka
* K Carmello (Chocolate mottled cockerel) Rocco X Farrah
* Maxx (Mottled smooth cockerel) Rocco X Farrah
* Frizzy ( gold and black frizzle cockerel) For sale, PM me for more info please

Happy New Year from all of us at Kate's Sassy Seramas!

Yeah! Thanks! :weee

I have 8 7-month olds (2 male, 6 female), and just hatched some more 4 weeks ago.

This is my group, taken a couple of months ago. I'll add more pics later. :)

Back
Top Bottom