Kate's Sassy Seramas

Pics
Yesterday was a sad day, Truffles died unexpectedly out of no where. He was one of the sweetest and best quality seramas. He will be deeply missed:(

Oh no! So sorry, that's heartbreaking. There is no rhyme or reason sometimes.
1f622.png

This little 10 ounce serama has 2 newly hatched EE chicks. The third chick on the right is a month old serama who needed a new mom when hers started laying eggs again. Unlike her siblings, she has stayed small and is not ready to be on her own. A serama with EE chicks is rather humorous to watch. The large EE chicks knock her over when they scoot under to get warm.

This little 10 ounce serama has 2 newly hatched EE chicks. The third chick on the right is a month old serama who needed a new mom when hers started laying eggs again. Unlike her siblings, she has stayed small and is not ready to be on her own. A serama with EE chicks is rather humorous to watch. The large EE chicks knock her over when they scoot under to get warm.

They will be bigger than her next week!
big_smile.png

She's beautiful

Quote: More beautiful than the picture shows. Her head is cream colored slowly blending in shades of mocha to a rich dark coffee brown at the tip of the tail and wings; whatever that is called?? She is one of my best-it was a big disappointment when her own eggs failed to develop and hatch. Maybe next time!

She is gorgeous!!!

Quote: The coloration is unique-I've never seen another like it-cream colored head slowly blending into darker shades becoming a rich coffee brown on the tail and wing tips. The picture does not show the true colors well. She is one of my favorite never-to-be-sold birds. I'm hoping her next clutch of eggs hatch when she goes broody again in a month or so.

Kate-I have another small (tiny) chick. It's 14 grams going on 4 weeks of age. The body size is hardly bigger than when it hatched (10 grams when it hatched). Frizzle feathering is growing in and the chick appears healthy....but... I know serama can be very small-still worrisome. Any thoughts as to what might be wrong-if anything? The foster mother appears to be getting ready to lay again so I will have to foster the chick to a different hen. I've a broody with only two viable eggs hatching this weekend so finding a new foster mom will be easy.

Last edited:
I locked down my eggs Tuesday evening, still 7 serama eggs going.
fl.gif

Also started more eggs last night! (separate incubator) All eggs from my own flocks. 15 Seramas, 4 chocolate orps, and 8 bantam cochins!

I locked down my eggs Tuesday evening, still 7 serama eggs going.
fl.gif

Also started more eggs last night! (separate incubator) All eggs from my own flocks. 15 Seramas, 4 chocolate orps, and 8 bantam cochins!
fl.gif
Good luck. I'll be starting 3 dozen large breed eggs in our incubator this weekend. I dislike using it as disaster always strikes. But my wife... My little bantams can in no way brood so many huge eggs. She bought a dozen hatching eggs and then bought a dozen large breed hens---so now she has 3 dozen + to be incubated.

I need to get an accurate thermometer. Any opinion on where and what kind?

Back
Top Bottom